6 Month Old Fry

mailboxck

I have 3 6 year old fry remaining from my last batch and i wonder why they still don't have any color.

The funny thing is they're a cross between a fancy and a pearscale so they're really fat right now but still not that big.

My Maxi is 6 months old and hasn't changed color either. I've learned it can take a year before you see the color.

Guest yabbie

Bronze is a colour. That's the colour that nature intended so out of any batch of fry, nature steps in and says... "here ya go... look how good I did it before you humans came along and fiddled."

Are yours bronze, mailboxck? Or white?

Most of mine are white, which looks kinda weird.

I have 3 6 year old fry remaining from my last batch and i wonder why they still don't have any color.

354451[/snapback]

i think you mean, I have 3 6 month old fry ??? rofl just want to let you know ;)

Guest yabbie

My shibunkins are about 4 months old and just starting to get yellow patches and black flecks. I read that Shibunkin fry colour earlier than other fry.

Pearlscales are pretty tough to breed, aren't they, the fry are supposed to be very delicate?

Well, i don't know either. What i know that those 3 are the only ones left from a fry batch of 150 fries. Poor ol' frys. They are so vunerable.

What should I feed them to help them grow quicker?

Guest yabbie

I got freeze dried bloodworms for mine and crushed them up with a rolling pin in a little plastic bag until they were powdery. That boosted their growth.

I've now combined bloodworms with some Wardley Gold Gourmet flakes, crushed to a powder and that seems to be helping their colours along.

Protein, protein, and more protein is the trick for growth in young fry here. Mine get sea food flakes, frozen bloodworms, frozen daphnia and krill, basically frozen anything up to 6 times a day, just smaller feedings. They get enough algae from the tub walls to supplement to not overkill on the protein.

And yes, some take longer than others. Got pics? I just :heart fry pics... :)

I already have pics, will post them soon.

I hope mine grows quickly. I feed them flakes. Sometimes i feed them flakes that I also feed my betta. They seem to be growing pretty well. I just can't wait till they grow big. I just love em'

Protein, protein, and more protein is the trick for growth in young fry here. Mine get sea food flakes, frozen bloodworms, frozen daphnia and krill, basically frozen anything up to 6 times a day, just smaller feedings. They get enough algae from the tub walls to supplement to not overkill on the protein.

And yes, some take longer than others. Got pics? I just :heart fry pics... :)

359703[/snapback]

heh I do 6 times a day feeding for my big demekins also in smaller quantities :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pondandfish

Give it a couple weeks, some color will start to show.

I have 1.5 year old commets that is still black.

4 month old kois with colors and spots.

Archived