Drooping Dorsal

Guest cosmic jellyfish

Guest cosmic jellyfish

cheo the pearl scale has a drooping dorsal fin. Other than that she seems ok.

she is with 2 other big fish (the size of my hand) they are an orander and a fantail.

It is winter here at the moment with day time weather at 17-21 degrees centergraide and it can get down to 3 degrees at night.

I feed them colour enhancing pellets

the water is about 45 liters

my fantail stayes at the bottome of the tank (but that not the topic of this discussion)

the fish are a healthy colour or though I have noticed that their dropings seem to float suspended by an air bubble. I don't know if this bubble is from the filtration or the fish. and I only noticed this a few time though and I don't know that fish it is from.

I empty half the tank water every week and try to remove any droping and uneaten food from the bottom of the tank. I also put the proper decloriator in the water (you know the water ager stuff your supposed to put in).

I have yet to test the ph levels

my filter is one that just suck up water which goes through a type of mesh substance that traps debries then the water come out of a hole in the top (I don't know that you call that type of filtration)

any ideas of the cause of drooping fin?

Thanks for the info you provided, but we are going to need you to answer all the questions above.

Clamping of fins can be an indication of a couple things, including Ph crashes and parasites. So once you get us the info above we can go from there.

My fantail's dorsal fin has been 'flopped' for years. I think it was broken with a net before I got him from my sister. When you look closely you can see where the little fin rays bend/broke. Maybe something similar happened to your fish?

Archived