Advice Needed

Guest Bigphil

Guest Bigphil

The glass on my 29 Gal tank is turning a yellowy green colour (a bit like nicotine stain!)

As a very novice fish carer I feel a bit silly asking what this is and is it a ood or bad thing?

My 2 Blackmoors are doing really well and are verry lively. So it doesn't appear to be having any detrimental effect.

What is it? :blink:

if you could tell us more about the set up then we can help more with ideas for you. theres a box at the top of the disease forum if you could copy and paste that and answer as much as you can then i'm sure we will get to the bottom of it for you. :)

Guest Bigphil

Yes it just rubs off quite easily. The tank is very old but only reset 6 weeks ago. Cycled, original gravel rinced but not washed.

I thought it was probably algie. Is that ok for fish?

not heard of yellow algae? as sandy asked if you answer as many of the questions in the top box (test results etc) we'll be ablr to know if there is somthing up, Nitrites or nitrates maybe?

Ta, hope it is all well :)

its algie...the best thing to do is keep the lights on, and it will turn green - green algie on the sides of the tanks is a good sign, means a healthy tank and your fish will keep it as afilm, the algie will also make the water a better and healthier place for your goldies :exactly

Guest Bigphil

My colour sight is not to good! (Colour blind)

My neibour tells me it is green rather than yellow!

So, lights are on. I have been wathching fish for over an hour now. Mutch better than telly!

Archived