Baby Snails

:krazy: Well. I got more of the snails out by doing the veggie trick. It worked out pretty well. Im not sure what to do with all of them. Ive counted over 30, and there are still more in the rubber maid. I didnt plan on putting them in my big tank, due to having live plants, and I didnt want them to become a salad bar! LOL.

Is there anything I should look out for? And WHAT WILL I DO WITH ALL THESE SNAILS???

When I first started with snails,it was the the pest snails that came to me-the Physa Acuta's,& the Ramshorns.Back then,I admitted that they were "cute",and decided to keep them.In all honesty,it was the worse decision that I could have made. I'm sorry,but they produce faster than you can ever imagine.They will find their ways into your filter's and anything else that they can.They'll eat every single piece of your live plants until you have nothing but little sticks left,and once they "burp",they'll eat those too. :yikes As cruel as it may sound,at some point you have to dispose of them if you want to keep control of your tank,whether you want to or not.You can give them away-which most people wouldn't take if they knew what they were all about,you can feed them to any fish that will eat them,or you can get rid of them in what-ever way you choose to do that. I still feel bad when I get rid of them,but I was where they were everywhere you could look. Sorry hun if it sounds tough,but it's just the truth. Good luck with what-ever you do. :)

Well, I guess you could try to donate them to a fish shop, but I don't know if anyone is going to want to take them. Are they apple snails? When I bred apple snails, I seperated the clutch when they were first laid and only kept a few. I boiled the rest. I am not sure how everyone feels about that, but I would rather do that then throw them out and just throw them outside.

Archived