Kissy

Kissy

My name is Lauren, I?m 16 almost 17 and I live in AZ. I live a boring life indoors, partially because it?s too hot outside to do anything, and partially because my parents are afraid I?ll get kidnapped. I live in a good neighborhood, my parents are just way overprotective like that.

I?ve been with my boyfriend David for a little over two years now and he?s wonderful  He has a lot of weight issues and loses a lot of it. He?s super skinny and its really starting to affect his health this year. The last week or so he seems to be doing better and doesn?t get as sick as often, so I?m hoping it?s a turn for the best! Anyways, David is just as much my best friend as well as my boyfriend, and I?d be lost without him.

I?m very shy and don?t do well in social situations. Every year it gets kinda worse, especially these last couple years in highschool. People just intimidate me. Even when I am pming some of you guys on this site I?m scared that I?ll do something wrong or they won?t like me for some reason. I?m usually just that quiet little girl in the corner of the class room who keeps to herself and never says a word. I always wonder what people think of me! I love to watch other people tho, they are very interesting. I was emotionally abused by one of my friends years ago, and haven?t quite gotten over the trust issue, so this might be part of my tendency to seclude myself. I?m kinda sensitive as well, and easily let down. I?ve got pretty good self esteem though?weird huh?

I?m a bit of a hippy! I never kill anything, not even cockroaches or scorpions...I always catch them and set them free outside. I never litter, and I always take in little animals and help them. So far the list consists of four fish, a pigeon, a puppy, a cat, and a baby ground squirrel named Georgia. Poor Georgia, she?s a whole different story, and a rather tender part of my life. I even dress like a hippy. Not like headband and peace sign necklaces, but my favorite clothes are hippyish designs on my shirts and hippy skirts. I never wear shorts, always jeans or knee-floor length skirts. Save the manatees all the way! Those guys are one of my favorite animals. I love all animals by the way, but goats don?t seem to like me. No drugs.

This coming year I will be a junior, and will soon be 17. I?m scared to graduate, and I?m REALLY scared to drive. My parents keep bugging me to get my permit, but I know nothing about driving and they never want to take me to a parking lot to try. I do pretty well in school if I can keep my head up.

I have two tortoise shell kitties named Turtle and Spacek, a golden retriever named Hershey, and currently two black neon tetras named Ruby and Rummert. I have a new love for fish, especially goldfish. All this came about after rescuing several fish from my school. Every time our school has any sort of science fair, you can bet that there will be at least three or four fish in bad conditions included. This year there was a Biome Fair?yah that was horrible. About 30 groups did aquatic life, and the majority wanted to prove that pollution was bad for fish. Sad to say, the exhibits included many fish and goldfish in bowls with garbage everywhere, including motor oil. Three weeks later I noticed there was a ten gallon tank with some live fish in it in the back of the classroom!!! It looked like leftover survivers, so I took them home immediately. There was a tiger barb, a black neon, and a ? inch black moor. Poor things  The black moor was the motor oil exibit and lasted the longest, but only 6 months. That is what started off my fishy love, and I?ve been thru many fish..all of them dieing within a week and a half because of their previous horrible conditions. There was Kissy the pigment challenged black moor (I?m named after him) Lucky the carnival comet, and Macy the little lionhead. I now have a 29 gallon tank but its empty! I plan to put two fancies in there, and then ten gallon (with ruby and rummert) will have one more black neon, three regular neons, and I?m going to try a betta in there. If it doesn?t work out, I?ll get a nice critter keeper for her! I?ve had betas before but it was a long time ago. I have a nice big rubber maid I?ll keep open for any rescues in need or rescuing!

I love to draw, paint, sculpt, and basically do anything artistic  I want to be a marine biologist and children?s book author/illustrator when I graduate from college 

I don?t have a favorite color..they all are my favorites!

Yah if any of you guys read that whole thing, your nuts and really bored, but I appreciate it greatly  I didn?t mean for it to get that long..I just babble a lot!

Guest Chishower

You remind me of me! Well...minus the whole boyfriend thing. I am afraid to date, not drive. >.<

If you want to get into marine biology, may I suggest Florida Tech, they have an AMAZING bio program. They even have a thing running where you can spend a semester in the tropics on the reef. Well, the did last time I checked. Thats where I hope to go, but my final grades left much to be wanted.

I also take in rescues...when I can sneak them past the rents. :rofl My toad was a rescue, the baseball teams good luck charm. Then the lost, and I got Mr. Toad out of there before they could give him to the baseball gods. :o

At the risk of sounding stupid, you sound like a very interesting person. Too bad there arent more people like you guys around here.

this is all so strage, between the two of you, your me!

again bar the boyfriend, (there aint no one here worth my attention - :lol i kidd ;) )

With the pm'ing thing, i get like that, and when i post - today i have been way confident and posted alot, but normally i type a reply then delete it! :lol:

and strange, my name is Lauren too!!!!!! again i wont kill things, i help animals, i stopped in the middle of a busy main road once to help a duck! i do drive, but when i was 20 before that i wouldn't sit behind a steering wheel. but now you cant keep me out of my car, it was just in garage for 3 days - i was pulling my hir out (partly as it cost me ?300!!!)

Take care, nice to meet you :)

Nice to meet you guys :) It makes me feel happy that people actually read my bio for one, and that there are other people out there like me. I feel pretty alone sometimes in the real world lol.

Guest Chishower

Loz, you always seemed so confident to me. I have deleated many a post, and once it was to not say something stupid in the same thread as you. :(

Its nice knowing that there are other people like me. :D

awww, in't this bad, we are all so similar. i always type replies, then delete. Today i have been Miss Happy to post, i seem to be good at giving an impression of confidence, heck.

*group hug*

*group hugs back* I have new friends :) Now that's something that hasn't happened in a while lol.

How do you delete your posts anyway? I'm sure I'd be doing that but I don't know how..sometimes I'm like "oh thats STUPID. Well, I can't delete it, maybe I'll change it into {instert off-topic idea here}

what i mean is type it and before i post, jsut delete and don't bother posting. or a soon a i post go and edit to just a smile or summat :lol:

New pals :) *hugs*

Lol okay, I thought there was some big secret about how to delete posts and everyone was playing keep away from Lauren! Jk...I just wasn't sure :P

Guest Chishower

Wait! Did I miss the group hug? :grouphug I like new friends. I have a bad habit of pushing people away.

I think I have become dangerously obsessed with fish. Just now, I was filling up the bathtub for a bath and I caught myself about to dechlorinate it. O.o

Maybe I should stop filling buckets in there. x.x

I think I have become dangerously obsessed with fish.  Just now, I was filling up the bathtub for a bath and I caught myself about to dechlorinate it.  O.o

354850[/snapback]

:tomuch: that would have been so funny if you had done it!

I am lad to meet both of you :hug:grouphug:bighug

:grouphug

Yah I've got a bad habit of pushing people away too. Thats the main reason I do so poorly in social situations.

Lol for the dechlorinating the bathtub!!! I can safely say that I've never had that urge...I fill buckets in there too. Actually, one of our bathtubs is clogged with river rocks....when I was washing them I didn't know some were that small! lol. Yah I do think about them tho. Sometimes I am so quiet with my friends and they are like whats on your mind? X_X I can't answer fish! lol.

Well I guess this is an apropriate place to egotistical and post pictures of myself. Here are a few of me :)

822793b8.jpg

Me in my favorite spot :)

PrettySkirts.jpg

My mom and I in our new skirts

HippieLauren.jpg

I'm a bit of a hippy (and a skirt stealer)

DSC01590.jpg

My boyfriend, David, pretending to be "serious"

AtThePark.jpg

We ran away to the park :D

Guest Chishower

Awww...you two are adorable together.

You look just like one of my friends. Crazy. Mind if I steal your hair?

I am going to try to find a halfway decent picture of me. Easier said than done.

Thanks :) And andy, you can't have all my hair, only part. It's been turning blond lately and I don't like it so you can have all the highlighted hairs :huh::rofl3

yah I'm a bit wierd :)

Hi, Kissy, Just wanted to say It was nice to get a pm from you, as I was totally shocked I even had a message LOL. You a very sweet girl and You do make a great couple with David, My husband Is named David aswell. Like a few others have said, You remind me as when I was younger.Your hair is Beautiful.

It's so great to meet you Lauren :D You sound fabulous and i'm immediately drawn to anyone who protects the lives of animals. I cried my eyes out the other day when one of our local baby magpies (not sure if you have these in the States?) was hit by a car in my street. There was 4 of them (now 3) and are kind of my adopted babies as they nest in a tree near my verandah therefore come for a feed daily... I had to pick him up and bury him and it still makes me tear up :cry1

I couldn't understand it when my neighbours said "why are you upset? It's just a bird" - ah well.

Anyhow, what great pics - and you and your fella look so good together :D

Aww thanks everyone...you make me feel like such a great person :) Its nice to meet all of you!

Jen, I'd be crying my eyes out too for that magpie! I'm not sure what a magpie looks like because I don't think they live in Arizona, but I've heard of them, and I'm sure they live in the US. I love birds, and I love to watch them..they are so entertaining! We have a lot of birds in our neighborhood and hopefully it will stay this way for at least a while. (too much construction...gilbert is growing way too fast) If I had the money, I would dump huge bags of bird seed in my backyard...but yah a huge bag like that will only last a week at most! I'm sorry about your bird, I'd go tell your neighbors to shove it for you if I could. :kickbutt Its nice to have properly met you

G0ldfishgurl: Isn't David a wonderful name? :P Thankyou for the fishy picture you made me! You are such a nice person, and I'm glad to have met you :)

Hey Kissy, I talked to you earlier today. You seem like avery nice person! I am a shy person just like you, with the looks you have, I thought it'd be easy for you to get along. I have a hard time with the crowd,too.Before this I thought I was the only one (seriously). I am a nature fanatic, too my ex took a captive wild racoon claiming to save him... She didnt understand she is hurting him more.....I think she still has him! It would be cool to get to know you more... I'll PM you next time we are both on. :D

Cool - I am allowed to read this stuff now! It's so nice to meet you, Kissy! You are adorable! Don't worry about being a little shy, it can be a good thing as long as your self-esteem is intact - and it is! You seem like a thinker! Sitting back and surveying the scene will give you some real advantages - it's like being a good listener - which I bet you are, too! You seem like a real sweetheart. :exactly

About driving, If you do not like it, do not do it! I don't like cars much myself (urban child) and I never learned how to drive. And I love being car-free!

You and David are so sweet together! My husband has "thin" issues, too. No matter what he does, he can't gain weight and the slightest stress makes him lose it. I try not to worry too much but it is frustrating (and I am leEeeTle bit jealous :teehee ) - I know you are looking after him well!

Like all of you, I am a saver - a rescuer - a lover of underdogs - fierce protector of all broken wings... And I would not have it any other way! :D Are you a Pisces?!

PS - I also cannot type - which is why I edit almost every post - for typos! Yikes!

Its so nice to find people like me :) I guess there isn't too many huh?

I'm a Libra..David's a pisces! lol. Its comforting to know that other people share his problem too, but I'm hoping it won't last into adulthood.

Nice to Meet you Jules :) Do you like your new powers as a full member? :P

I like it alot!

I did not mean to worry you - he will prolly be fine! My husband, as dear as he is, is a little high-strung - that's why we work so well because I am so relaxed you have take my pulse occasionally to see if I am still with everyone! :lol:

It would be interesting to see what people's signs are - I bet there are a lot of certain signs on this board. In fact, I just saw a cool article by an Australian insurance company rating the best and worst drivers by astrological sign!

Don't worry, Libras did pretty well!

Archived