Those Bad Spixis!

Ranchugirl

Since my spixi pair from Devs has laid eggs a few weeks ago, and my tank is now full of little spixis of all sizes, the adults are still busy with laying eggs.

Which is great - except I found those little babies today all over the two clutches of eggs, eating away like it was a piece of cucumber! :crp

Bad, bad little babies! :lol: I have taken the leftover clutches out and into a separate tank for their own safety. Is that normal for baby snails to do that, or is it just the spixis?

:rofl Bad Spixi babies!!!!! Actually,that could be a good thing too for population control. :rolleyes: As far as I know off the top of my head,Spixi's babies are known for that.Isn't it amazing how tiny they are? I always think that someone ate the clutch,and then a few weeks later,all these tiny dots show up! :lol: I'm really loving those guys though more & more! I can't say that I ever seen the Brig Babies doing that.

Gosh, I totally forgot that I posted that here! :thud:rofl Sharon, I am just in love with those little guys! I think I have roughly 25 in all sizes wondering about.

I have found a new hiding spot for the clutches - directly on the airline tubing that feeds the sponge filter. I stuck two clutches there a week ago, and none of the babies have found them yet. Lets hope it stays that way.

Archived