After All Those Years Of Wanting!

Ranchugirl

Well, a longfinned lionhead that is!! I have been admiring those fish for such a long time, and after I saw a picture of a friend's blue longfinned lion, it got even worse.

Now, lucky for me, Ken from DandyOrandas.com had one on his last DVD, and I took the jump into the cold water, so to speak! That's easily gotta be my most expensive fish ever, but I have saved for an opportunity like that a while now. He is a red beauty with fins, you wouldn't believe! The pectoral fins alone are a good 2 1/2 inches! And to my surprise Ken added a black/red oranda for free, so I am really happy with it.

Pssst, as long anyway as my hubby doesn't find out how much the fish really were. I had to "reduce" the price somewhat when he asked... :rolleyes:

Now I am off finding some pics of him! Its definetely a male, and the oranda is a female. Guess what they were doing the first few days? :lol:

Congratulations Andrea!!I've seen long finned lionheads here and they sure are gorgeous :heart The black and red oranda is what I'd like to have though...I'm sure she's pretty :rolleyes: Looking forward to see pics!

Okay then, here we go! :happydance The whole fish has about 8 inches, with half of it being fins...

LongfinnedLion2.jpg

LongfinnedLion.jpg

He has somewhat red veins in its tail, but that was like that when Ken had him, so I guess its nothing to worry about. He eats like a pig, and was completely perplexed by the snails in the tank. My guess is, he has never seen any! :rofl

He followed them around like a puppy dog, which was a pretty funny sight, considering that they only go 1/2 mile an hour... :lol:

And here we have the freeby....

KenOranda2.jpg

Wow! I'm like speachless!

Does the lionhead wiggle like regular lionheads or is her more graceful with his fins? He's a beauty!! The black and orange oranda is so beautiful as well! COngradulations! Maybe long finned lionheads will be more numerous some day for the common folk like me :)

Congrats on your funky fish.

I've never seen a long finned one, but I have to stay away from the breeder shops. I confine myself to the aquarium equipment ones :(

Anyway, nice pix!!

Slugger :)

See me druel..... :druel :

That is one really cool fish! Congratulations! I hope to see a lot more of him. :D

Wow, they are beautiful! :heart 2 for the price of 1 is great too! Especially when getting a red and black beauty like that. I have never seen such long fins on a lionhead either. :heart I know what you mean about the price reduction! My comment is always "it was on sale" :o:rofl

I'm the discount queen when it comes to confessing fish prices, ha ha.

Andrea, I think both of your new fish are beautiful, I'm sure you all will be very happy together. :)

Thanks, everybody! I really am happy with the both of them...

Marco, I named the lionhead Hana, the japanese word for flower. Still thinking about a name for the oranda - I usually watch them a while until a fitting name comes into my head. With all the fish I have, a lot of them don't even have a name.

:yeah: Beautiful Fishies :yeah:

:lol1 Ppsst...jus' whisper (we won't tell anyone)....how much did ya shell out? :huh:

Archived