New Fish Today!

fishrpets

I went fish shopping today (I actually saw them a couple days ago and couldn't quit thinking about them) and got 2 ryukins. They are a 1st for me. I have only had orandas and a moor up til now (in the goldfish family that is ;) ).

Here is a pic of them in the acclimation bucket....I will try to get better pics of them later on. :D

Picture136.jpg

Wonderful ryukin, Ginger - and such bright colors! :heart

Gorgeous fish; good luck with them!

Do you have any name ideas yet? Do either of them have real prominant personalities that are recognizable yet? How big are they? They look wonderful!

Thanks for the nice comments, they are cuties! They are actually more orange than that pic. I think the blue of the bucket made them look a darker red. They are around 3 inches not including tails. No name ideas yet though. I have been watching them alot today for personality quirks that I might get a name from...but nothing yet :idont

More pics so you can see them better :)

Picture138.jpg

Picture142.jpg

I like the orange even better! Of course, I am biased, it is my favorite color! (Maybe that's why GN went super-orange on me... to make sure he's get his peas)!

Names - Have you got any favorite movies or books with a duo? I ususally try to name them after watching them for a while, too, and then a name just comes to me. I tmight take a few days... we are waiting with excitement to hear what they have chosen!

:photo::photo::photo: Pleeez! :D

I like the orange even better!  Of course, I am biased, it is my favorite color! (Maybe that's why GN went super-orange on me... to make sure he's get his peas)!

354600[/snapback]

:rofl

:angry: Dang ...wish those where mine!!.....but since they're not :lol1 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :)

(Hhhmmmmm, that blue bucket gives me an idea.........I wonder if a solid blue background would show off the goldies colors like that??!!) Right now I do not have a background, but if it made my goldies color pop like that I would slap one on there right away.

Thanks ya'll! They are doing very well so far! :D

Jeana, The color of your rocks and background does help with bringing out the colors of your fish if you get contrasting colors. But being surrounded like that (the bucket is small) probably helped some too. :)

Archived