What To Do With My Now Empty Tank?

Now that I no longer have any fish :cry1 , I'm wondering what I can do with my 5.5 gallon. I have a filter and an aquarium heater. I want to take a break from fishkeeping for a little while, but I don't want to have an empty tank taking up storage space.

I'm wondering if I can just grow water plants without fish in them (I don't know anything about plant stuff). Or something really REALLY cheap and easy to take care of, and if I partially neglect it, it would still be alright.

Any suggestions?

Page of Staff, I was gonna suggest a betta, but then I realized that your betta was the last occupant in the tank. I guess you don't wonna have a betta right now so short after your poor darling died, hm? :(

How about a pair of neon tetras? Or mollies, they are pretty hardy as well, and you have some color in it. A couple of male guppies maybe?

I like guppies, but I'll have to do some research on how to care for them. I'm still on the notion of not getting fish again for a while. I wanted to experiment with other water-going creatures.

I'll get a betta again one day, though. They're my favourite type of fish, now.

There isnt really much you can put in but a betta. Even though neons and guppies are small they still require tank space to swim. plants are a good choice and if you like, a kilifish would look nice to add a bit of colour.

Archived