Jsut Bought Water Lillies...

Guest Saturn2000

Guest Saturn2000

i bought a water lilly at the flourist and they have it in this soil block just floating in a barrel. i brought it home and rinsed it off so jsut the bulb and the roots are all clean. but i was wondering. is there any chance that fertilizer that is still stuck onto the lilly could harm my fish? i hope not...i've been soaking and rinsing it really good

thanks!

-tyler

Saturn, the fertilizer they use to fertilize lilies is usually fish safe, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Do you have spot where you are gonna put your lily? Is it one of those that bloom beautifully in the summer in ponds, or one of those with the small leaves that are grown for aquariums? They have different needs, and a pond lily will amost never make it in an aquarium. :)

I'll put this post for you into the plant section - lots of help with any kind of plants to go around.... :)

Guest Saturn2000

its just a small leaved lillyi stuck it in a clay pot in the aquarium and eventually the leaves will reach the top...it looks new in there...makes it look natural...thanks for the help tho.

-tyler

Oh, those are pretty ones! I got a few that have different colors - some are all green, green with white spots, Koko sent me a purple leaved once, and they all come out now that the water temperature got warmer.

Got pics?

Archived