Baby Snails

Today. I had to transport my baby snails from the rubber maid they where in. There are alot of them. Ive never had baby snails before, so had no idea how to do it. The first time, i tried pick on up, and I didnt know babies were soooo brittle... and the shell crumbled.. I felt awful! I got alot of them out... But am afraid to get the majority out... any advice??? I dont even know how they got there! LOL.. i dont have snails in my tanks... so it was just weird to get them in the rubber maid while the plants were in there. Only thing that I figured was they were there, but ALWAYS eating them.. so they never survived.

:) Hi Jessica,The snails probably came in on one of your plants at one time.That's what usually happens anyway.Are you now adding them to your tanks? Anyway,take a cooked piece of veggie and throw it in the rubbermaid.Chances are that most of the snails will end up on that to eat,and then you can remove the veggie with them all on it. :)

Jessica, don't feel bad about what happened with crushing the baby snail. They are very brittle and are easy to crush. When I hatched my snails, I thought they were dirt and was throwing them out for about 3 days when I realized they were just baby snails! They were so small, they looked like dirt.

if they dont go to the veggies(my snails are stupid, the dont go to veggies for me :( ) try dumping all the water out then sliding a piece of paper along the edges and all the snails will just pick up onto that :)

Archived