Sip Guys

Guest fishier

Guest fishier

my last two g/fishies died; a while back. I've just been busy cleaning out their tank. avoiding the fact that i still don't know waht killed them. The mysetery disease that sounds like many .. SIP guys! (Swim in Peace) Telescope popeye and Wet Willy Comet.

Is this the end of my fish career? Shall i start over..

I am stumped. I don't want a repeat of this unpredictable episode.

I have a lot of thinking to do-

hang in there....

:fishtank: soon enough one will catch your eye and fall in love...

for example, at one point I was down to two fishes, and i had no idea what was killing them, then it turned out the local water has a very low PH...once that fixed, they have thrived...

I have 9 goldfish now...LOL

Well, if you have a larger tank, I would say start with 1 lucky fish. if you have a smaller tank (under 10 gallons, over 2.5) then i would say go for mollies, they look like goldies kinda.. but stay smaller. (and arnt as bright! XD I love my mollies, but their no rocket scientists)

if you have anything smaller, i would say try a betta, sea monkeys or triops! (Just got some triops from nnnnnn! they bet FUN!!!)

http://www.triops.cc/

Very kewl little crustations...

Guest yabbie

It looks like a horseshoe crab!

I've heard it's a mistake to think that goldfish are the easiest fish to keep. This is a good site for deciding on what fish to keep and getting set up:

First tank

Fishier - sorry to hear about your fish! :cry1

When the right fish comes along, you may be ready to try goldies again!

I was just researching mollies last night to try to fill up GN's old tank...

I haven't read anywhere how many/gallon but 10-15 galons seems to be the recommended minimum size. You may need a small heater. They like brackish water so a little extra salt is good - and they will love lots of plants!

I used to keep mollies - ain't too bright (my last one died by wedging himself between the glass and the heater - NOTE: maybe try to find a heater that is flush with the glass - or keep tank in warm place to avoid the need for a heater)!

I like them because they look so much like goldfish -as magick pointed out. ;)

I think I am going to go with shrimp/snails for a planted tank... something easy. so, there are lots of options, I am learning, to keep a lower profile tank.

Put something in there - so you don't get lonely and keep thinking about your goldies! Maybe you could adopt a goldie in need of a home? That might make you feel less nervous about it since you will be doing a good turn- rescuing will at least give you the confidence that whatever you do for fishy was better than his fate without you! I'm sure you are really pretty good at keeping fish - sometimes it is beyond our control...

Best wishes - and SIP, guys! :heart

Archived