Petsmart

smack536

well, i stopped at vvvv tonite to get a new air pump, since the power stuff killed one of mine, and

they are finally getting it through their thick heads that goldies need 10 gal per fish!!!

they had little signs on the tanks that although GF are good beginner fish, they need at least 10 gallons, and said where the starter kits are!!!

now, that is something i never ever thought I'd see!!! :happydance:hi5 :thumbup :clapping:

Guest fishier

woot Woot celebration time.

Party at the nearest vvvv :yeah::rofl

Everyone bring your decked out 10G with 1 g/f!! :fishtank:

Guest Phreno

Yay.

One of the employees asked me what my goldfish was going in, and I was happily surprised. When I told her it was going to a 10 gal then a 25 gal, she said "Good, you're one of the smart ones."

I'm pleased. :)

I've noticed that they have "Goldfish kits" that have a 10 gallon plus trimmings, but I think the pic on the front shows like 3 fish in the tank. They DO have a little "tank inhabitats" flip-book that sticks pretty closely to the 10-gallon rule, though.

Good for vvvv, though. If even one more fish is happier, I'm happier.

I sure wish my vvvv would catch on! Mine is one of the worse ones ._. Its always sad to even go oline. They have a huge section that is "Dreamland items for all your goldfish needs" or something. No tanks, just 'goldfish bowls'.

What a great :idea - Educate people and stop killing fish! That is SUCH great news - a major store is starting to take responsibility! :rockon

I am going straight to my vvvv and see if it is spreading - hopefully it is contagious! :lol:

Guest Chishower

My mmm is also getting better. They uped the cup size for bettas, and two of the guys who work there REFUSE to sell you a goldfish if you have too small a tank, and never a bowl. They put salt in the feeder tank to 'help gill function and releive stress', which almost made me break down in the middle of the store...I was happy.

Unfortunetly, they still have overcrowded tanks and too many dead fish, but they are getting better.

heheh, the local fish store in the area actully knows me as the goidfish person and even the saltwater people are impressed, at least in the serious hobbiest, goldfish are concidered tough fish to keep, and the owner loves to sell me goldfish, as he knows they are going to a great home....in fact, he wanted me to get debbie since she was a better then teh usual offering and he wanted it to go to a good home, and when I came in, they where like "come look!"....

vvvv may well be getting better, but they think im crazy going in there only looking for goldies, theyr like, youve had fish for years, why dont you try thses guys *points to trops* grr! I :heart:heart :heart my goldies!!!

vvvv may well be getting better, but they think im crazy going in there only looking for goldies, theyr like, youve had fish for years, why dont you try thses guys  *points to trops*    grr!  I :heart:heart :heart my goldies!!!

354240[/snapback]

EXACTLY! Haha, maybe we should start wearing Koko's pins (there are cute ones in the store, go check them out) when we go to stores? Back off troppies, coldwaters comming through! :stop

Too, it really depends on the employees/managers. If you can get in there and infultrate the heart of the store you can pick who you hire so you know what level of knowlage they're at. I doubt you can completely stop selling bowls because betta owners need those too, but you can at least lead people into tanks.

the plumbers came from nnnnnn...and those fish are good fish!

354398[/snapback]

opps, sorry, i refer to my two fish that i saved as the plumbers...as they almost knew too much about plumbing..

Mario and luigi (two of my fish ) are both nnnnnn commons

exactly....thus "plummers"

Of course, they are getting larger and larger in the pond outside...and are starting not to fear me...as I am the guy who bring them food...they love there little pond and spend the day chasing each other in the pond..still not sure what I am going to do for the winter!

How big are they now? I remember the posts about them; they are very nice fish!

Archived