My Tank

Guest fishfreak650

Guest fishfreak650

OMG... I love my fishies... They are so cute.. Well i share my tank w/ my mom... i have a purple light and rocks. My tank is 55 gallons.

If you have any questions then e-mail me at tiff0304@yahoo.com

^_^

~Isnt it just beautiful~

fish002.jpg

Looks like this belongs into the tropicals section, and yes, an oscar sounds about right. I like them, except they need even more tank space than a goldfish. If it was me, I would squeeze in an albino oscar somewhere... :lol:

Oscars are great fish, speaking from experiance :)

55 is minimum for a single oscar as long as it's not a 55 show. Oscars grow really fast to about 5-7 inches then slow down some and will eventually grow to about 12 inches TL. They are so messy they make goldies look like cultured diners. :rofl Be prepared for some heavyduty filtration and water changes.

They tend to have a bad reputation but they aren't as mean as sometimes made out to be.

Very nice tank Fishfreak, welcome to the joy of caring for a "waterdog" B)

totally agree with troyjames, these fish have fantastic personalities and indeed are more like puppies than fish.

They are incredibly messy and yes the minimum is 55 but i think 75 is more realistic.

I had no idea that oscars needed that much space. I've known of people keeping them in 30 gal. I'm sure they had no idea what space they really needed. vvvv and places like that certainly could care less what you are going to put the fish in. If they are going to get your money then they are happy. I will be sure and pass this info on, thanks! You've probably made an oscars life happier :)

Scott

Woot, my family owned 2 oscars before...they were great...i was about 7years old and i feed them earthworms and they just gulped them up :) it was fun to watch them all day long!

I heard oscars need At least 70 gallons, they become huge. But i remember reading something about size has to do with the sex of the animals If its a male its smaller or something like that

Im not sure though.

Archived