Gah!

Okay, so here is the scoop.

I just got two balloon mollies, so I put them in the tank and I notice that there is poopy stuffs on the bottom of the tank from the other fish. So I take the fish out and put them in my holding cup. I try to siphon it out, but the siphon wont even fit into the tank.

GAh!

I am frustrated, what should I do?

Guest fishier

how big is your siphoning tube? Cuz they're small compared to tanks hence they fit inside...

am i misunderstanding you? :unsure:

Guest fishier

oh! i thought you meant like the diameter of the tube hole.. :rofl

The length should be longer than your tank-- long enough to reach all the way

inside your tank's bottom and out into a bucket (Placed lower than your tank's level so that the water can get out-- vertically) does that make sense? Cuz i sort of confused myself too. :huh:

Guest squeeker

can you take the hard plastic vacuum tube off the hose and just use the hose to vacuum with?

(do you get what I'm saying?)

a old betta tank cleaning trick is to stick your hand in it, mix up the rocks, pour, add water, stir with hands, pour, fill with water, condition, let it sit for a bit, but betta back in....

you need a smaller syphon! eer... if Im reading wright...

For my 6-1's I use a small lees gravel vac... cost my a WHOLE $5. broke the bank there baby! ;) lol. i have to hule a bucket, but their so little, i dun need to take much out

I think your using a 2.5g aren't you BM? When I was using that size tank I found it quicker and easier simply to scoop 50% of water into a bucket and place fish inside. Then simply rinse and re-fill the tank, add water conditioner, add old water, then last of all add fish.

I really don't think it is feasible to try and cycle a tank under 5g. With a 2.5g you would be better off cleaning it weekly in the way I described above. The same way people clean their betta bowls.

What I usually use for very small tanks is a simple piece of airline tubing. That fits in every sized tank, and doesn't take out a huge amount of water all at once, so I have time to syphon the waste out without running dry on water.... :)

Archived