I'm So Bad!

If anyone is EVER in San Fransisco for HOWEVER long, boy have I got a fish store for you... :newfish

Pet Central has the BIGGEST and HEALTHIEST goldfish selection I've ever seen. I was literally shaking with delight. All 55 gallon tanks, about 100 of them alltogether, 50 goldfish. At LEAST 8 inch ornadas, bubble eyes and moors. MILLIONS of 1-2 inch pearscales, ornadas, bubbles, moors, pandas, celestials, ranchus anything you name it. Tons of 4-6 inch of the same. I've never seen so many good quality goldfish in my life not to mention koi PONDS in there as well. I'm not kidding, this was goldfish HEAVEN. Too bad I only had like 10 minutes in there. :cry1 Their betta section was superb, no little cups they were in ballpark drink size cups and had every tail type imaginable. The tropicals were all gorgeous and EVERYONES water was pristine. I'm adding that store to pet locator.

Anyway, I definantly got a little Moor and I was deciding between a pearscale or a bubble eye but finally gave in to the bubble eye. You just guess how much they were...:sly $1.99 for the Moor and $2.50 for the bubble eye. The big 8 inchers were at the most $15.00 :ignore I can't believe this place, I'm just bummed I didn't have my camera to show you all.

So without further ado here they are. (Just in there to take pictures)

Butt shot.

IMG_0258.jpg

The chubbiest little Moor they had.

IMG_0262.jpg

This guy is so cute, he's got a single orange spot above his eyes and one on his tail, he's all white except his little pectorals and ventrals and a black "mask" over his eyes. Hehe, I think I'll name him Zorro.

IMG_0264.jpg

EEE, they're all in the 20 gallon with Dusty (4 inch Moor), I know, I know! :( Trevor went in the 55 just so he doesn't hurt them while the pond is being dug. The 10 gallon QT is cycling for now.

:) Congrats on the cute fish! I don't know if its a good or bad thing that I live so far away from this wonderful pet store! :lol: There really isn't one fish store around that has any really super goldie selection so I'd love to see the place at least once! :yeah:

*jealous* now i SO wanna go to SanFranSysco i wish there was a good goldie store around here those guys are soooo cute!!! Im not a fan of bubble eyes, but i gotta say, i like that one!!

Oh I wish I lived in San Fransisco! Here in AZ all we have is vvvv and petcos. I think there is an "Ocena Floor" store forty five minutes away from here but I can't drive and my parents refuse to take me :( I've been begging for a vacation in california all year but they say no. I really wish I could go! I would spend hours in that store and bring home three goldfish for my new and empty tank. I'm so jealous of you! Your fish are beautiful, and I especially love your ubble eye. They look so healthy! Congradulations :)

:D Thanks kindly everyone! They're to cute, I can't get enough of them.

Kissy no don't say that! We're moving there in 3-4 years. I couldn't stand it if there aren't any specialty stores. :cry1 By that time though I'll be a sophmore in college, so I'm trying to stay in San Fransisco/bay area. Maybe even San Diego/LA they're bound to have TONS of fish stores down south.

I'd love to open goldfish specialty shops where there are only mmm/smart's, go head to head with them. :kickbutt

XD Congratz!!! OMG! Im making a trip out there!!! :D if your every near Sacramento, Go to Capital Aquarium.. I have yet to go.. but everyone raves about it

Hey Tam, we could be goldfish store owners together :) I always think about opening one, it would be great! We'd win over all the serious people from mmm with our sparkling and pristine water and disease free fishies. We could screen customers before they buy goldfish to make sure they have a big enough tank ;) How 'bout it? lol

Ditto fishrpets - smileys and all!

Kissy - I don't know wher eyou are in AZ but I found this great place called AZ Aquatic Gardens - they sell fish, too (I ordered plants/shrimp) - maybe it is near you?

There ain't Nuthin' in DC, man! Thank goodness for internet shopping!

Your new fish are Fabu! :D

Kissy - I don't know wher eyou are in AZ but I found this great place called AZ Aquatic Gardens - they sell fish, too (I ordered plants/shrimp) - maybe it is near you?

354012[/snapback]

Lol! Yah, I heard of them from a post a long time ago! I went to their website but it looks like its just an online thing. I was deeply sadened :( Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

XD Congratz!!! OMG! Im making a trip out there!!! :D if your every near Sacramento, Go to Capital Aquarium.. I have yet to go.. but everyone raves about it

353943[/snapback]

Oh ppleeeeeaaassseee take me back there with you! I don't take much room. :D Next time I'm up in Sacramento I'll deffinantly check out Capital Aquarium, haha, I can't go alone though. Like many of us on here, I've lost ALL my self control. Honestly, I was shaking and sweating just looking at those fish. My stepsis walked away cause she said I was jibbering little noises to myself. :lol: (Not to make you all think I'm wierd, admit it! Some of you do it too! :rolleyes: )

Kissy that'd be so awesome, I'm seriously thinking of taking a small business class to learn the basics and see if it's something possible. Hehe, when and if it comes up I'll get in touch. :)

Sorry for the double post, said I didn't have permission to edit the previous.

Forgive the nasty algae colour, I've got to change the water today again so I can scrub it off the glass. Here's a size comparison between the little Moor and Dusty. Sooo tiny!

IMG_0266.jpg

S/He still doesn't have a name, De Jacamo, Rajha, Torpedo, and Zipper are all fumbling through my head. ;)

Zorro, bubbles are the funniest. When they look at you they go verticle and dance! :heart

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Zorro is so cute in those last two pictures!!! I know nothing about the real world or business, so if you take a class or learn anything, teach me :)

Zorro is so cute in those last two pictures!!! I know nothing about the real world or business, so if you take a class or learn anything, teach me :)

354183[/snapback]

Are you talking about me and Tam's future fish store?

AHHHHH I just remembered!!! I might be going to six flags this summer! How far is six flags from this place? If it all works out (probly not) what are the chances of a fish making it thru a 8 hour drive?

Are you talking about me and Tam's future fish store?

354191[/snapback]

Um, yup. :unsure: So can I come? Please?!?

You talking about Six Flags Magic Mountain? I was just there, and it was really incredibly fun! Unfortunately, it's like 5 hours from San Francisco. Probably a little too far. :(

Of course you can Kortniee :)

Aww I really wanted to get some fishies there :( I think anything more than 20 minutes away would be too out of the way for my parents, and I don't think the fishies would like a 6-8 hour trip with more hours attached. I'm so sad now...its pretty sad how high I get my hopes up withing five minutes.

WOOO! I feel a tiny bit better cuz that last post made me at level ten and it was my 1,000th post! I've come a long way in 3 and 1/2 months and have learned a ton :D Still sad about the fishy thing tho...but I'm a comet!!!

Well... think about it this way... if you got a fish from the store in California, that means there'd be one more fish from vvvv who probably wouldn't have as good a fish mommy.

It's kind of like adopting from the humane society!

Edit: Well, except not.

Lol :) I'm trying to avoid vvvv really...All my goldfish have come from there and they all came with disease. My last goldfish Macy died of fungus on her tail, an internal bacterial infection of parasite, and Hole in the head disease. Hole in the head really hit me hard. It is caused by really poor conditions..lighting food, water quality etc. It must mean something if she was only a few months old too :( So yah, Three goldfish in a row, not lasting more than a week and a half kinda hurts. My first goldish lasted 6 months but had a lot of bloody eyes and was the worse rescue. It makes me sad :(

Archived