A Few More Questions

Guest Chishower

Guest Chishower

They still haven't come, and I am starting to get worried. How long can they live in the mail system? Maybe I shouldnt be paniking so much...

I have a small, 2.5 gallon filtered tank set up to put them in because they are sooo small, and I want them to grow a bit before I either put them in the big tank or splurge and get an all snail tank. Could I put my 3 inch bristlenose in there temporarily? The goldfish are picking on him, and I want to give him a break. Plus, he would be eating similar stuff as the snails. Would that be pushing the bio load waaaay too much for such a tiny tank?

I am going to go sit and hope the UPS truck comes tonite, but I doubt it. :krazy:

Guest Chishower

And do I need to add the calcium every day? Or once a week? Does the carbon take the stuff out, or does it just disipate?

How long have you been waiting for these snails,and where are they coming from? How many are you getting? As for the Bristlenose,I'd really not want to put him in such a small tank,personally. What size tank is he in right now,with how many goldfish? Do you have plants/hidey hole places for him to get out of view?

:unsure: Are you talking about the Snails that you won from SNips & Snails? If so,I've gotten numerous things off Susan,includung snails which were great by the way.She's very good with the shipping. Have you contacted the seller to see if/when they went out?Alot of seller's only ship Mondays/Tuesdays,as they don't want the snails to be stuck somewhere during the week-end. :)

Guest Chishower

They were shipped priority at 11:00AM Monday. I am getting six babies, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch although at this rate I am starting to have doubts as to whether they will be alive...

The pleco has his little driftwood cavey thing in the 30 gallon with three goldies. Puggy manages to wiggle herself in after him to nip at him, though. He also likes to hang out on the back of the filter intake tube and behind the other large plant.

I also read something about iodine in another thread, that you add? Is this necessary?

Arg..the UPS man just went by without stopping and I almost chased the truck down the street. >.<

Guest Chishower

Ok, maybe they AREN'T shipped. I bothered UPS for a bit, and this is what I got:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on June 27, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Maybe there is still hope!

:unsure: That's the e-mail you usually get right before shipping occurs.Once shipping happens,you then get another confirming actual shipping,etc. Susan is really a nice person.I would e-mail her,tell her about the e-mail you got & mention that you wondered if they ever shipped out. Maybe something came up or something.Who knows? My goldies did that to my Loaches for a while before they got use to them.I basically kept rearranging the plants,hiding caves,until it finally worked out.Maybe for now-even if it's not so attractive,center the driftwood,and most of your plants around the area in the tank where he likes to hang.Put it all pretty close together where he can get through but maybe not the goldies. :rolleyes: Just an idea. Iodine along with calcium help make strong snail shells,and repair some of the minor damage.

Guest Chishower

I will email her today and see.

I will also try to hit the petstore today (if I can get my mother to take me a third time this week....) and get some more places for the lil pleco to hide. I feel bad for him. And, of course, if they still have that big yellow snail in that tank full of red fined sharks and other nippy fishes, I might have to get that, too.

Thank you muchly for all the tips. :heart

Archived