Java Fern Landscape

Kingyo

Guest Esareh

ya have a 'before picture?'

in just 1 year! look at these results!

tora: i used to be size 3 now i wear a size 10!

With fishnplanthetbigger, now you can have results like these

<insert before and after pictures here>

ALL for just 3 easy payments of $19.95! Order one today!

:rofl

Thanks everyone! I don't have special lighting for the Java ferns, that is the beauty of Java ferns and Java moss... they do great with moderate lighting. I have two 20W fluorescent strip lights (aqua-glo and power-glo from Hagen). The lamps work for 12-h per day. In addition, the tank is aerated during the night while the lamps are off (plants use oxygen in the absence of light)... I guess the aeration made the largest difference for the plants.

Little Tora has grown on Hikari Lionhead pellets!

:heart Tora of course is beautiful! I have to also add that those Java ferns are just about the prettiest group of Java Ferns that I've ever seen. Great look in your tank!

woah dude!!! Tora looks like she may have swallowed a golf ball! :blink:

they both have grown so much...what on earth are you feeding them!!?? :rofl

they and the tank are very beautiful might i add

OMG, will you look at Tora!! That is such a whopper of a goldfish, and such a nice shape and color! Proabably a female too, hm? And your redcap got those gorgeous long flowing fins! :heart

Thanks!

Ranchugirl, you are right... wow you could tell just by the pic! Tora is a female and the redcap is a male, she spawned last December but I could not save any eggs

Oh, just the sheer size of that belly gave it away! There are male big rounded fish around of course, but a female belly somehow has a special shape. I usually can tell right away on an adult fish.

Archived