Just To Make Sure, Is This Ok?

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

ok, i have a 29 gallon tank with 3 small goldies ( as you all know) and a brig. I want to get a loach in there as well. IS that like, WAAAY too over crowded?

Also, i want to put a loach in my 10 gallon with marble (he seems lonely) is that too overstocked as well?

Any insight you have is greatly appreciated! :listen:

I don't really know very much about loaches...lol. 29 gallons is okay for three goldies and if you keep watch on params and do faithful water changes, the bring in there should be okay, just be careful. I think adding a loach into the 29 would be pushing a little too far, as it is already 3.5 gallons overstocked (to be exact). Who's marble?

Here's my situation.... overstocked. I was amazed at how much waste my brig produces and I can see why they say 2.5 gallon per snail. I also have an oto cat who surprised me with all the waste he produced. This, in addition to my goldy, in a 10 gallon tank was amazingly messy. I was doing 2-50% water changes a week just to keep up. I eventually got a pengiun 150 so I have 50 gallons more an hour than I should need for just the fish. That did help.

If you have great filtration or don't mind the extra water changes then you could try it. I just wish I hadn't overstocked my tank.

Best of luck, whatever you decide. :)

Archived