How Fast Will The Fry Grow?

Debi0825

and some are bigger than others. I did see one last night that looks like it has the typical Shubunkin Colors. I love just watching the little ones. They are so darn fast.

Also, do you think frogs will bother the fry? I had no frogs in the pond last week and now have 3.

I heard that frogs eat fry, but I don't know for sure. Mine that were outside in the pond grew 4 to 6 inches the first summer, the ones in the house grew 2 to 4 inches so it depends I think on the size of area they are in. I didn't feed the pond fry they ate what every gunk was in the pond, they obviously loved it LOL

Scott

Fry are best left in the pond, its healthier for them and much for them to eat there. They should grow some 6" in the first year, by 2 year olds, they should be in the 12" bracket. Try feeding a good quality growth food when they get big enough for the small pellets.

I'm useing Dainichi this year, so far I'm likeing the results I'm seeing there. I think I'll know more with it by next summer. Koi do tend to grow some through winter too.

Archived