Very Weird.

tinkerbell

i got a new golden apple snail a few weeks ago, and i had him in my quarrentine tank. good job too, coz he actually died.

so i was taking his body out of the shell, and i noticed that inside his shell, there was another, smaller snail shell. as far as i can tell, there wasnt a snail in it.

Is this normal? could this have been the cause of his death? i feel really bad for the poor lil' guy. :(

Another snail? Really? Wow. Cool.

I've got no clue about this internal twin thing--I'm just surprised you could stand the smell long enough to make that discovery. :)

hehe snail in a snail thats really facinating!

i dont think its normal, but i dont know if it was the cause of its death tho... its a shame :(

the small snail in ther could have died and caused bacteria or soemthing to transfer to the larger snail, but thats incredibly strange!! never heard of having hitch hikers INSIDE another snail!! :blink:

Having the amount of snails that I do,I've noticed that baby snails are often found on my bigger snails.I tend to think that it's a fast "Hitch-hike" to the nearest food. :lol: Those Brig babies of mine are so tiny.The other day,I was on my way out the door to work,and I stopped to fish out a snail that had a baby brig on the inside of the Bigger Brig's shell near it's syphon! :o I don't even know how I even noticed that with two hours sleep! :blink: I guess if they can crawl in a snail's shell,that they can probably crawl back out when they want too. Hey Tink,what were your water Param's on that tank? Was everything reading okay? I would go that route,before I thought the little snail did it. Just me though.

Tink,that could have everything to do with it! You definately need a PH test kit.For all your Fish/Snails. Low Ph for Snails is anything under 7.2/7.4..If your ph is under that,then it definately could have been the problem.

Archived