<worms>

Marco

Hello~

i was just wondering if i can pull out some everyday worms from my garden/back yard, and give them a good washing by water, then feed em to my GF's?

im talking about those brown colored skinny kind of worms...

would i have to chop em up into lil peices if can?

if ya can then its bon appetite for my goldies! :food

Marco

Guest graceful fins

Hey Marco!

I have had success with earthworms! You can chop them or leave them whole. It all depends on the size of the worm and your fish. My babies also enjoy melon and mild cheddar cheese. They get either worms or cheese only about once a week. Talk about a feeding frenzy!!!!!!!!!!

Heather:)

Hey Heather,

cool you've been a really good help!...starting tommorow i will find the little wormy's and waash them then slice them up and feeed them :feedme

is it recommended to kill the worms first then feed them the worms dead? or can i just drop them in their and let them chew them to bits alive???????

melon and cheese ehh??hmm i might try that later :D

i also feed my goldies bananas and some pea's every now and then...rofl

marco

well, i leave mine live, they chew and chew and chew...try to find worms that are already the right size for your fish, i cant bear to cut em up...but thats just me :(

you should leave them on moist paper towel for a day or so before feeding them to your fish. it lets the dirt and stuff be removed from their systems.

And i wouldnt feed a goldfish chesse. Dairy is bad enough for humans, fish bodies can not digest it at all and it could make them very very ill.

Guest ThugLife

i just bought some bloodworms today, for the first time

my goldfish loved it

it has 65% protein

i might try feeding them earthworms later

!!! i was going to get some earthworms today from my garden but the stupid rain had to come :angry:

unless from the water on the dirt will make the worms go to the surface ??? i dont know if its true...i making it up rofl!?!?!?

guess i have to hope that tommorow will be a better daY

Rain is the best worm finder! :D I feed my newts earthworms and I usually find them right after it rains. All the patio stones in my yard are covered with them when they are wet. A lot of the time they'll drown there in puddles, I don't really know why they do it. Either way, it's 'easy pickings' after the rain comes.

I also try to find worms that are the right size, but if I have to I cut them with really sharp scizzors, though I really don't likek to do it :crp . The only thing that makes me feel ok about doing it is they are eaten right away after I do it, so their pain is short lived.

Good luck with the worm hunting!!!

oo so rain does make them come up!! yessss, thanks for the heads up chrissy. well its night time now for me :( so if it rains tommorow ill go out in search for some worms the right size for their lil mouths!! hehe

i got heaps of rocks, slabs, and brick stuff around back! :peeka it'll be perfect to find those lil buggers :D yayay i cant wait..again :rockon

hello~

today was the day!! i went outside at night just few hours ago and found a earthworm skinny in size and perfect for my goldies to eat. so i picked it up and took it into my house, washed it a few times in water until i thought it would be safe enough for a feast.. then saw all my goldies come forth to me insight of the coming food, i got a aqualclear filter which has a lil gap where theres nothing to block the water and the dust or whateva that will drop into the tank which the waterfall of the filter goes..so i thought well ill just drop it in there...i dropped it and the worm was falling falling and got heaps close to the tip of the suck-tion of the filter!!! then it happend, the filter sucked the worm up the pipe :o but luckly i turned the filter off and it came down the pipe again and rested on the tub at the tip of the suck-tion bit...

the worm started moving around and my Rocky saw it in his eyes and swam to it...my goldie started chewing at it, like it was getting hold of its head or tail and tearing it apart hehehe, and eventually my goldfish Rocky swallowed it whole. he just sucked it in his mouth, the worm was was about 1 1/2 inch long and Rocky is about 4 inchs, i thought he was gonna like choke!! but i heard that they chew on the food for a while when its in there mouth......i think immma cut the worm into smaller pieces from now on..so my other goldies can eat as well :D

i thought i had to tell this story heheh

sorry if i wasted your time :rofl

marco :yeah:

My fish love earth worms as well, and for the koi I can feed them the really big ones with no chopping them up - they swallow them like spaghetti! :rofl

My fish love earth worms as well, and for the koi I can feed them the really big ones with no chopping them up - they swallow them like spaghetti! :rofl

353937[/snapback]

hehe wonder what will happen if one of your koi's get one end and the other koi gets the other end rofl

Guest JustJayde

:( Aren't you guys worried about pesticides n stuff from earthworms ?

I know most places here spray pesticides and lawn stuff all over...

I would be scared to poison fishies.

woooow. I have got to do this... but I only got one fish thats big enough to swallow a wrom whole... and there is nooo way that I can cut up a worm..... I'll get my boyfriend to do it!!!! hehehe, at first he squirmed when he had to pick crickets out of the cricket tub to feed the oriental firebellied toads. he got used to that though.... having him do this to the worms will be funny to watch! (okay... I admit. I pick on my boyfriend to much with my weird pets.)

:( Aren't you guys worried about pesticides n stuff from earthworms ?

I know most places here spray pesticides and lawn stuff all over...

I would be scared to poison fishies.

358003[/snapback]

but the thing is my parents dont spray any pesticides or any other chemical in the lawn, so its ok for me

Guest JustJayde
but the thing is my parents don't spray any pesticides or any other chemical in the lawn, so its ok for me

359147[/snapback]

what about the neighbors though?

meh I dunno... I would be too cowardly LOL

umm well both of my neighbours have dogs in the back yard all the time..so i dont think they'd spray any stuff or the dogs will go and sniff or eat the chemicaled stuff and die...so i dont think so.........

Archived