Plants For Babies

blinky000

i have some plants i want to bring in from the pond to keep them from getting frostbite and i was thinking about putting them in with my babies in the tank. but they make a mess and i dont really want to stress them out cleaning more than i have to so shall i bother?

thanks,

blinky000

thanks for replying, in the end i decided to put the plants in anyway and now ive got these tiny little worms and mosquito larvae swimming around, will my babies eat them?

PLEASE REPLY!!!

I bet your babies say THANK YOU now, for that extra food source you put in there. Mosquito larvae is one of the best things a goldie can it, its a natural food, and found here around in ponds and lakes all over the place. A friend of mine uses water from a nearby canal for his ponds, and gets all that yummy stuff coming in with the water, and his goldies are crazy about it!!

The little worms are a product of too much waste, maybe decaying leaves in the pond where the plant came from. Since your baby tank doesnt have all those leaves, you will see those worms disappearing soon. My fish never bothered to eat them, since the worms are so small, but maybe its a perfect size for your babies to munch on...! :)

thanks! i might try and harvest some out of the pond while i go in search of daphnia. sounds like a good substitute! they are all gone now so i guess the babies enjoyed them. :happydance

Archived