A Very Sticky Situation

Guest Mystic_Fish_keeper

Guest Mystic_Fish_keeper

I have to get rid of two snails that my parents think brought in bacteria that killed my fish but I don't want to do it. :cry1:cry1 Is there any other way and if not what is the most humane way to get rid of them... :cry:help1

what type of snail are they? someone on here will probably be more then happy to take them off your hands. what happened to your fish? its fairly unlikely that the snails did it anyhow. :(

There have hardly been any cases of snails bringing in bacteria to harm fish. As far as I know, no snail diseases are transferrable to fish.

First try to place them in a home. You don't have any friends with fish tanks? Someone on here may take them.

If you can't, placing snails in the freezer is the most humane way to euthanize them, however I hope it wont' come to that.

ick is transferrable from snails, they can harbor the icks on their shells, in their shells, although it wont affect them, the icks can drop off of them and infect a new tank they were placed in.

:( Mystic,sorry to hear that you've been having tank issues with your fish & snails. I also would say that the snails would be the last ones for me to blame your fish problems on. Snails are pretty safe in general.I hope that you find a place for them.It was nice of Smack to offer her help.That would probably be a good solution if you can't find someone local to take them. Good luck & keep us posted. :)

im gonna have a 125 gallon soon, so ill have lots of space for an extra snail :) grandpap is helping me build a stand! never thought bout the carpenter in the family!! doh! :thud :

You could always just set up anohter aquarium for them to live on their own and be a happy litttle snail family. :heart

Archived