Silly Question

froggydella

:ill Okay this may sound silly but I have seen my goldies do this a few times.....Sometimes after they eat they kina spit up some of the food that they already ate....(Kinda similar to what babies do to describe it better to everyone.)

Then after they do that they will tend to eat it agian?....Is this normal behavoir? Like I said though I have only seen this very few times so I just thought I would thorw the question out there. I think I am feeding them right and everything so I have not a clue as to why they do that?.....Silly guys.....Thanks. :rolleyes:

Hi Froggy - I have seen it, too. I do not know what the "real" reason for this is but it seems to me that it happens when a piece of food is too big or too dry - the food is sort of pre-chewed, spit out, and then eaten in smaller or softer chunks. Or, perhaps, when the piggy-fish eats too fast an cannot get more down its gullet (it does seem to occur just after feeding and not later when the food has been in the tank longer). I have only concluded that it is normal only becuase nothing untoward has happened, yet! Let the experts explain! But, GN also does this, with no adverse affects. :huh:

Archived