Progress

Guest PearlscaleFan

Guest PearlscaleFan

Ok, so far, It looks like the half cure dlive rock rock is doing the trick, its seems to be coming along well, and Ive found some turbo snails hiding in a cave of live rock. I have 15lb of LR now, Im using a tuze skimmer and the water seems to be very well circulated with a couple of hydor bioflo mediums. :) I do a water change every wek, depending on what has been los from the water, I keep the sg at a constant 1.024, and the nitrates and nitrites and ammonia barely exist XD No chlorures, and my cousins gave me a boxing shrimp which seems to hide sometimes, but comes out at regular intervals, it seems to stay away from the turbo snails but i have seen it go past them a couple of times.

Its doing great and allmost ready for fish :krazy:

um.....whats a chromis?

probs a stupid question... :blink:

352529[/snapback]

its not a stupid question...i dont know what it is too....

Guest PearlscaleFan

lol, a chromis are a large group of fish, most of them being reef-safe, They look cool and reccomended to begginer fishkeepers. :)

Sounds like your tank is doing well! Chromis are great fish?they are a type of damsel which is one of the hardiest marine fish, but they arent as aggressive as some of the other damsels (blue devil, domino damsel). They look really great in large schools, too.

Dont you love the LR? Pretty soon you will find all sorts of neat little critters in there! I have tiny brown and white snails, scallops, tiny brittle stars, lots of featherduster worms, and pistol shrimp that have hitchhiked in on my LR. :)

Guest PearlscaleFan

OOohh!!!!! Guess what I found today? Something that looks like a baby brain coral!!!!!!!!!

How cool!! Please post a pic if you can, I really want to see it. I have one lone coral polyp that came in on my rock too and I joke that now I have a reef tank! LOL

Guest PearlscaleFan

I cant take a pic :( And there is one other problem, Ive had to give the tank away, as im going back home, ill get it back it december, ive just given it to my cousins.

Archived