Chewy Babeees!

Erika

I have a brig. That make me feel better. I have been handling him a lot. My goldfish is making him even jumpier. She just started a snail torture thing. She loves to scare both of my snails. I think it's because the brig will fight back for her food.

Yep, brigs are sissys when it comes to showing their faces. My snails are just with snails in the tank too, so they're not really afraid of anything. My brigs will come out, but it takes forever. If ya accidentally breathe on em, they snap back in their shells. Big wimps I tell ya. :lol:

I love seeing the chewy babies. :D

akk, my brigs are like that too. I have noticed that since they are in a tank of their own, they don't close up when another snail touches them like they did with the fish. But I have never had one open while I was holding it. :(

awwww!!! everyone on here with chewy babies should post pix and we could have a big family album!!!! :heart

the canas are definately more outgoing then the brigs, the only brig Ive had that would willingly come out of his shell was Gumby, he came out just like the canas do! :heart

I wish I could have a little chewy. I came so close to asking for one, but then I got a 29 gallon instead of 25 so I think three goldies would be better. Does anyone plan on breeding canas in about 7 years when I get out of college and can buy an even bigger tank?

Guest Phreno

Darn, now I want a snail! :D

Can you put them in with tropicals? Just wondering... And when I say tropicals I mean neon tetras and danios, so like 76F temp water?

You would probably need to figure out something aobut the pH and the hardness. Most tetras like that like soft, acidic water, and I think snails like hard, basic water.(I'm not sure about danio requirements..I think danios might work out better tho) My black neons are in a very high pH and are doing fine tho (I CAN"T lower it lol) as long as it is stable. I'm not sure about the acidity tho, maybe someone else can help you out there.

My snails live with a Danio. They have lived with three longfinned/leopard Danios and they have fine. *shrug* I didn't really research the Danios before I got them (as usual, I jumped right in) but they are fine together.

Archived