What The Heck

Erika

Okay, my tank is apple snail only.... no fish, no other snails... well, there's some rams in there. So what the heck kind of snail is this, and where did he come from? I haven't added ANYTHING to my tank plant-wise (except a tiny bit of javamoss from Angjo that had a spixi clutch in it. This guy is about the size of half my pinky fingernail. Any ideas what he is???? (Don't mind the little poops, he's in a breeder box)

DSCF1664.jpg

:rolleyes: He looks like a Phsyid Acuta(s?) to me. In other words,Pest Snail. I'm not an expert yet at the names,But that's what I think,anyway. :rolleyes:

I got em on plants, they dont reproduce too fast though. they lay little clutches of bluish eggs on the underside on the lid and stuff, easy enough to get rid of. :) one thing though, htey hang out above the water alot, and crawl right out :blink: when I moved my tank a few weeks ago, I found millions of em dead on the rug :yikes

Ang emailed me back and said it was a pest snail, and it came from her tank. She told me to get rid of it too, so I fed it to my goldies. Puppy ate it.

Smack, that's crazy!! :blink: were they all dead???

yup, all hte ones on the rug were dead and mixed with dust bunnies...there were some more dead ones just stuck to the back of the tank YUCK! the little cover thing for that tank, that coverst he back part between the filters, ya know? It cracked, so that aint covered, and they just slime right on out...I guess thats my problem.

the goldies loooooooove em, however, so just let them eat them up :)

Archived