Where Did You Get Your First Goldfish?

Where did you GET your first goldfish?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you GET your first goldfish?

• Won it during a festival/carnival.
    • Multi Pet shop
    • Breeder
    • Gift
    • Rescue
    • It started with my kin (family member)

My foster son brought him home from a carnival after I told him not to win any fish and do not bring any fish home. Well, he didn't mind very well and brought home a fish, and I got hooked :D

Lol! I came online to actually MAKE this poll but I saw it just got made. My first goldfish was an inch long (including tail) baby black moor, and he was rescued from my science class's torturous experiments. Poor thing :(

Lol! I came online to actually MAKE this poll but I saw it just got made. My first goldfish was an inch long (including tail) baby black moor, and he was rescued from my science class's torturous experiments. Poor thing :(

349135[/snapback]

HAHA beat you to it :D

Awesome idea!!

I got my first fish from nnnnnn (gouramis)

My goldies I got from vvvv.

Not sure this should be said or not but I am gonna say it ne ways......Lets watch this one it may spark arugments about where the fish came from?.....Just thinking ahead....Sorry if I upset ne one.

This will be a very intresting poll. :exactly

Well, I had fish growing up, but cant really remember where I got my first goldie at........ it was sooo long ago, but I could tell you the first place I remember getting one.

I got some guppies from nnnnnn, they died within a week

Went to vvvv, and bought four goldies, all died but one within a week, and that one that lived, I had for almost 5 years before he died from ick... I still miss Mr. Orange. He died right after xmas 04.

My first Goldy came out of a feeder tank, to cycle the tank for african cichlids.

I got hooked on goldies, and never set my tank up for anything else.

My "feeder", who is named Lucky, is 9" long now, and loving life is his pond with 4 other goldies. I've got other fish, but these 4 are my babies!

Robin

i got my first fish last year hehehe. my dad was into fish before but only the angel fish and so i had a tank and asked my dad and he said yes (after like 2 months) then i went to the lps and bought a 7 inch fantail i now call MJ

Rescued Fred from the a porcelan death when he was already about 5 years old. Cute little comet! He was about 2 inches at five years old...if I knew then what I know now! He never moved much because he was in about a three cup bowl (no joke) I knew nothing about fish, so I took him when my cousin went to college...he lasted about 4 days. I put a Sebastian figurine from The Little Mermaid from like a b-day cake in the bowl. I know now that I probably messed with the PH pretty bad and poisened the water. Oh Fred...he was probably better off he's lived 5 years in a tiny bowl and the water was never changed, I still can't believe he lasted that long. Rest in Peace Fred! :heart

My very first goldfish (apart from when I was little and had a couple here and there) was from a fair. My sister won it and brought it home. I then researched, went out and bought my first 10 gallon tank with an aquaclear mini and that was that. I had that comet for about 2 years too!

My very first fish was a comet, and was more of a gift, but it was never really my pet, and I got my first actual 'pet' fish, Roano, from nnnnnn. Not really a rescue, because he wasn't in bad conditions, so I put Multi-Pet Store. Had him for about 2 years, and he had been through alot with me, just passed away recently.