Sign in to follow this  
Guest goldcrazy

Egss, Eggs, Eggs...

Guest goldcrazy

Okay, two weeks ago my goldfish had babies, and I sucsessfully saved about 21 fry. (They are so darn cute) But!!!Yesterday she had about another 300 eggs. How many times in a season will a goldfish spawn?

Goldcrazy...

I know...It's in the back of my head... <_<

Arrgh, i can't remember :hummm think it was three?...

Guest Lizzy

They keep on going I think, when the conditions are right?

wow 300 eggs!!! thats alot hehe

Mine went on and on to the point I didn't want anymore eggs :huh: separating males and females was the only solution I had :D

Gunn from Fishcorner told me once that in perfect conditions they can spawn every 2-3 weeks until the cows come home. Thank goodness, my conditions aren't perfect, or I would need to hire a fish maid! :rofl3

Realistically, once a month from spring to fall sounds about right. Although, my shubunkin are after each other constantly. I wonder if they even sleep... :unsure::lol:

Guest Lizzy

Once a month?

*gets Deagra and birth control for her fish*

They must be caviar lovers :D

besides separating them, what else cna you to to temporay stop the breeding cause I am running out of space for fry. I bought two new tanks.....no room for anymore tanks and they are still doing the nasty....lol

Well, if you leave the eggs to themselves, the parents will eat them - it will take care of itself that way. Maybe a few eggs will hatch, but the parents will eat the little fry as well. Maybe a couple will make it anyway though....

Guest Pondandfish

My only breed once this year.

But one of the Comet looks egg bound for the last couple of months.

So waiting to see how it fans out.

Right now only 8 koi frys left for this year's batch.

its' been two months and my fish are still breeding and the water is never going to get clear again I fear...lol

I am almost at teh point, coyote ugly..I dont want anymore eggs...I dont have anymore space for them...my first batch is almost an inch and it seems they are they are stating to have some color in them...the second back, only two survived cause I didn't even notice that there were eggs cause the water was milky. I have like 80 from the second batch.

Every tiem I put the plastic plants back int he tank, they do the nasty...so I have not put any back in...lol