New Fish!

OldHag

I've watched them now. One is like a common and the other more like a comet.

They are small, just a bit bigger then Maxi, with bigger tailfins, especially the comet!

I don't wanna name them yet!

Here is a top view in the bucket.

100_0774.jpg

They are in the pond now, seems to enjoy. It's raining now so I can't get good pics!

The thermometre shows nearly 18* celsius, if that is right? I can walk out in the pond without freezing to death.

The fishies are hiding now, but the others did so too when they were new. I go and check them every hour... though...

Aw, they are so cute. The look a bit like my common, Beaker, although he's getting to be quite a big boy now.

I'd like to have a pond one day. :) Thanks for sharing the pics!

Is that normal that new fish at first swim around to explore their new environment (in a pond) and then hide for a few weeks? Our first four fishies did exactly the same! These two newbies are soo scared now, they swim like rockets when I want to look at them. For how long will they keep hiding before they get used to their new home???

Haven't seen them today. :( If they disappear like Buse did I will never have fish in the pond again...

Guest Phreno

I really hope they're all right! I love their color, so pretty.

If they do go missing then you know you have a bird or cat problem, and it's not your fault. Maybe get a net to cover the pond?

Yes! At first I saw one fish, I ran to my son and yelled I've seen fish!

He came with me and to our big surprise, they both appeared! They swam along and then disappeared in to the deep. They seemed just fine! Happiness!

I've fed a little today, hopefully they'll find the food.

We have a small net that covers a part of the pond, it's ugly but what do you do.

Today I've put up the "scare owls" that should scare crows and other that want to steal my fishies...

But now when I've seen them, there is hope that they will make it!

Archived