72g Bow Front Or 90g Rectangle?

scriber

Ideally i'd want a 90g bow front or 120g rectangle, however no one makes a 90g bowfront(marineland makes one but its fitted with overflow tanks; and 3 times the price!), and the 120g rectangle is a big price jump...~150-200 dollars.

So right now, i'm stuck between a 90g rectangle or a 72 bowfront. Are there any wierd optics considering the bowed front.

I think bowfronts look aesthetically more pleasing, something thats unique and not just a supersize 10g tank.

What are ur thoughts.

You'd have to find space for it... and make sure it's evenly supported, which can be easier with the "super-sized" rectangulars... but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Personally, I like the bow fronts better.

Guest gldfshkpr

It depends on the dimensions of the standard rectangle tank, but a bow-front might have more surface area. That's what I look for in a Goldfish tank. So called breeder tanks are an excellent alternative to the standard rectangle tanks. Given the same amount of water, go with the tank that offers the most surface area. You might have to whip out the old calculator to determine the difference in the bow v.s. the rectangle tank your looking at.

Archived