,it's like this "fan-ly dou-ly" lol :druel some times it's so funny

Okay well i have two other goldfish that i just got a week ago i did

not give them names yet i have one gray yellowish one and then

i have one orange caped one with 3 little spots on his tail

I need a name for them please help me!

okay well thank ya

-BYE :hi

name the cap spot or dots due to the markings on his tail

Also my sister has a common goldfish.. goldish with a tad of black by his tail. She has had him a few weeks and no name.. maybe you can help us out

I have found good names by watching my fishes personalities. For example I have a calico ryukin that darts in spirals across the tank when he's feeling frisking, therefor I named him Bogie(term used by fighter pilots for unidentidies planes). I also have named my black moor Ozzy because he's so mischeivious!!!(Ozzy Osbourne is great by the way.) Sit and watch your other two for a while....maybe they will name themselves for you! :D

Erica :hi

I find it so fun nameing goldfish

you can always go on there personality and stuff

or how they look it's fearly easy nameing goldfish

it's not like a dog, a cat .

One of my favorite names i have ever gave to my goldfish

was Capuchin.OKay he was a fantail he was so cute

he was my favorite this has been maby 7 years ago so i was

like 12 i think lol i was crying when he died plus he died on

a speacial day :(

Naming the fish is one of the best parts of bringing one home. My first fish was called Moberly (calico fantail) after the lake community I was staying in when I bought him. My next fish was called Marty (black moor) because he came from nnnnnn. My little fishy that just died was called Collison because it is the name of the bus route he came home on.

My parents have a pond - they named their koi Grover (because of his whiskers), their first four goldfish the Fab Four, and their next pair of goldies Near and Far. They have now moved the fish into the house for the winter and have acquired a snail as well.

I'm lucky to come from a family of fish lovers :D

I've named all my fish after an alcoholic drink, beverage or mixed drink- but I cant remember why. Lets see... there's my Red Cap Oranda named Bacardi, a comet named Jim Beam, Corocco (a Betta the _same_ color as Blue Corocco), the blue platys named SKYY ( I cant tell one from another so they all have the same name) , and my husbands' pleco named Harvey (Wallbanger). I've been looking at a Panda Oranda (i think) that will be named Goldschlagger or Smirnoff, but I'm waiting until my tank is acting less crazy to get him.

I guess the important thing is to have fun with it and not worry too much about reasoning.

:P My first fancy fish was a calico they dead last year

i had out called" black eye jack" because he had black eyes

and i called another "Baba" i called him that because

he was fat and the last one was called "mumberler"

now that is a inside jook can't explain that one

then this other year i was more into goldfish not fancy ones

i hade 2 fancy goldfish that year and all the rest

were comets i remember that year my fish all had

a sickness

My 2 fantails were called capuchin he was my favorite out

of all my fish then i had the cutey of all the Aquarium

his name was "little raven" he was so cute

he was the one that had the sickness the most :(

ill allways remember him!

-Bye :hi

• 8 years later...

I've never been particularly imaginative with names... The other half named her white common Max before I was around... Our calico Shubunkin is named George. He was chasing Max around and nipping like crazy before we had named him, so when I yelled at him I called him George for lack of anything better to yell. Now it stuck. lol... And my black moor is named Fishy. He answers to Shark though, too. He's by far the smallest of the three, but definitely the boss. Any time he catches one of the other two in his hiding spot by the sponge filter, he chases them out. It's hysterical to watch because Max is easily 3x his size, and George is almost twice as long.

I've never been particularly imaginative with names... The other half named her white common Max before I was around... Our calico Shubunkin is named George. He was chasing Max around and nipping like crazy before we had named him, so when I yelled at him I called him George for lack of anything better to yell. Now it stuck. lol... And my black moor is named Fishy. He answers to Shark though, too. He's by far the smallest of the three, but definitely the boss. Any time he catches one of the other two in his hiding spot by the sponge filter, he chases them out. It's hysterical to watch because Max is easily 3x his size, and George is almost twice as long.

Hi there! :) Just a gentle reminder to check the dates on posts and try not to pull them back up by commenting if they are old (this one is from 2003 ;) ). If you see a post/topic in an old thread that you are interested please feel free to absolutely create a new thread about it of your own.

Archived