Sign in to follow this  
TangerineSpedo

Veggies

I just say peas, lettuce and if u can get em to eat spinach.. or try the gel stuff, baby food (carrots, peas and gelatine) ... the recipe is here somewhere :lol1

I've given my guys zucchini before and they liked it. You'll need to anchor it to a rock or use a veggie clip and don't forget to scrape out the seeds. Do the same with a cucumber. I have a friend that has fed his goldies cooked broccoli ( just the tops) and asparagus tips. I tried giving them carrots but they didn't like it.

Linda

Edited by LikeAGoldfish

I feed my fish on loads of different things.

They love peas, and sweetcorn. They also love sqashed banana. They were funny with a chunk of orange - they were not sure what to do with it, so they pushed it round the tank for 10 mins before realising that it tasted good!

Basically, any veg or fruit is good to try, but use common sense... Remove any pips, seeds or stones before feeding it to the fish, and if it's a hard food (like potato or apple) then put it in boiling water for a few seconds to soften it for them.

Good luck, and let us know what your fish like! My next attempt will be tomato.

I don't really know much about fish. Though i though that if u fed em food with juices like oranges and stuff, it would do sumthing to the water.. though, u just celan it out . ;)

Whenever I cook broccoli or cauliflower, I give my golds the little tiny flower parts, broken up. They just love it. They also like shredded, lightly cooked spinach.

Nick - you have to go careful with smaller tanks when you feed things like orange. The acid in the fruit can drop your pH number if you feed too often, so best to keep the acidic stuff as a treat and only feed it once between water changes.

hi all i've just fed my babies romain lettuce for the first time this weekend. They loved it. At first they werent touching it but wheb i came back a few minuts later they were all over the stuff. Next week i'm hoping to feed them spinach!!