Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Will He Be Ok?

Hello, im 13 im new to keeping fish, i have a 2 foot tank and 4 goldfish (2 comets). One of my comets is fairly dumb.. he stares at the food for like 5 seconds before he reacts and goes for the food. By the time he gets there, the food has already been eaten. Should i put him into a bucket when im feeding him, so im sure he will eat, or do you think he will be ok? Thnx

~Nick

Comets are one of the fastest of the goldfish family - there should be no problem with him getting to the food once he's seen it. I wouldn't take him out just to feed him in a bucket and then put him back, as this will cause stress to the fish. However, if you have a quarantine tank or nnnnnn tub with filter and airstone, you might want to seperate him for a few days to make sure he is feeding properly.

How long have you had this fish? I mean, if he's been like this for months, or even years, then he must be getting his food & nutrition from somewhere. Keep an eye on him, and see if he eats all the stuff that falls to the bottom.

I've had them for about 3 weeks.... and he seems fine.

Thanx

~Nick