Sign in to follow this  
akk0415

Just Got Back From Petsmart

I just got back from buying a new filter. I had so much fun with the fish there. They all were begging to come home with me. I really wish I had a bigger tank. :( There was a little lionhead that just wiggled his way right into my heart. I had an awesome lunch hour. I just love those babies. :D I just wanted to share. They were so beautiful and sweet.

So did you buy any fish? :)

I wish! Nope, I must exercise control for the sake of my fish. It's hard though. I have a black moor in a 10 gallon with 2 snails and an oto cat. So we are overstocked already. So sad. I fell in love several times over while I was there though. It was just a nice visit. I'm sure everyone there thought I was crazy while I was talking to the fish. :) They all just seemed like old friends. They were so glad to see me. :D

I know what you mean. Everytime I go in I want more fish and more tanks! I did go fish shopping today and got 2 orandas and a betta (for my son) and I left a betta that I wanted and I can't quit thinking about it!!! I am looking around the house for a good place to set up a new betta :crp .....oh my poor hubby who thinks I have enough....he just has no idea! :rofl

Wow! You sound just like me! My husband says we will NOT have a house full of tanks. I try to keep that in mind, but I still think to myself, "oh yes we will."

My parents won't let me either; I plan to get a 30 or 40 gal when I get the money but my mom is convinced I don't need more tanks, since I already have two 20's and a 10.

Oh, well. She'll be suprised when I bring it home then!

I Know exactly how you feel. Everytime I go to the petshop, I want to bring them all home with me!!! I wish I could. Im such a sucker for those cute little faces. :heart LOL, i already have 5 fish tanks.... and still want more... it drives my faince nuts, but he says I could have worse hobbies......

heh, I want a twenty/thirty gallon too! I haven't asked my parents yet :)

but I still think to myself, "oh yes we will."

I'm with ya all the way! :rofl

I have slowly but surely wormed my way around to setting up a snail only tank in my bedroom, and believe it or not he actually didn't say a thing. And he even has been caught watching them! :lol: My MIL said she wants to get me more snails for my b-day and I told her I would let her! I can't wait to get them. :yeah:

And then of course I have whined all night about the betta I didn't get today so I will probably be going back in a few days. This is getting sooooo bad!

At least it is good to know that we are not alone, huh? ;)

Guest Esareh

I want my own house (A basement, an upstairs and a main floor) No funriture, all fish tanks! lol I wish!

My hubby is the same, doesn't want a house full of tanks but he's got 'em. :P

I don't understand what is wrong with a house full of tanks, seriously, fish are beautiful to watch and tanks can be very decorative and tasteful. A beauty to behold.

I'm sure it's the same for everyone else; everytime I go to a goldfish store, I usually have to avoid the Fish Section, for fear of 'falling in love.' I'll have room for one more soon though, once my new 20 gal does the fishless cycle and I move one of my current fish into there. I can't wait!

I know exactly where you all are coming from! :D I have been thinking to myself that I want to save up and get a 37 gallon tank that I've seen at vvvv, as well as the 125 long that I've seen. :lol: The 37 is probably a better bet, unless I want to take out the sofa!

I just love going to the fish section. I just want every little guy I see. My greatest wish is that someday I'll have a pond and can liberate the feeder fish, it always makes me so sad to see them.

Keep buying those tanks fishrpets, and Fishmerised! :lol:

I saw the 37 gallon at vvvv too! The marine land eclipse? Yah its pretty expensive...but I still want it! By the way mariposa, I like your name, its very pretty! (plus I learned a little something from spanish class :P )

Thank you Kissy! :) You're the first one that's ever said anything about it. I love butterflies!

You are correct about the tank, I want that one sooo bad! I think to myself... "that's three more fish!" :lol:

I loved the response to this post. :) That's what I love about koko's I feel so at home and it's nice to hear others have challenging husbands as well. If I have too, I will talk him into a bigger house that way he won't ask, "where would we put another tank?" ;):yeah: Maybe I could even have a tank room. Wouldn't that be great?! I could be like toothless with his "wall of tanks".

Fishrpets - I used to want a tropical tank but the snail tank is sounding more and more appealing. My applesnail has doubled in size in one month. I just love watching him.

A tank room would be awesome!! Let's all do one!! :lol:

Fishrpets - I used to want a tropical tank but the snail tank is sounding more and more appealing. My applesnail has doubled in size in one month. I just love watching him.

Who would've thought, huh? When I started out with a couple of snails I had no idea how fun they are to watch. I read about your snails having babies, so you could say that you now NEED the snail tank! :rofl I want a cana like Devs Chewy so I can see it get BIG! :lol:

It is great to know that we can come here and see that we are all in this together.

You're the first one that's ever said anything about it. I love butterflies!

So Mariposa means butterfly? I love butterflies too! I have butterfly stuff in my bedroom and bath. :D Edited by fishrpets

I would love a chewy, too. He's the most famous snail I know! :D If my Snaily keeps growing like he is, in 6 months he'll be as big as chewy. I am certain though that won't happen.

You know, I deserve a tank room. I am the only member of the family without their own space. My husband has an office and my daughter has her room. I guess they would say that I get the kitchen. <_< Grrr!

Edited by akk0415

Mmmm the kitchen is my space too. And lately that is being invaded by my 6 year old who thinks he is a mini Emeril! :rofl

My parents said i can have all the tanks i want, they just have to fit in my room... without removing the furniture.... and them i brought home the gorgiose cherrywood 40! it could go in the dining room... XD

I plan on moving my dresser into my closet and getting a 29 for my two lionheads and the moor! XD Im so bad!

I know what your saying! I figure, if I can fit it into my room, my parents shouldn't care. I've already moved out the TV, and I must say the computer looks pretty moveable lately too... Or maybe, I could cut my bed in half, so it wouldn't be a double anymore, and pull it away from the wall, get rid of my little nightsatnd, and put the 40 gal on the other side...

I know what your saying! I figure, if I can fit it into my room, my parents shouldn't care. I've already moved out the TV, and I must say the computer looks pretty moveable lately too... Or maybe, I could cut my bed in half, so it wouldn't be a double anymore, and pull it away from the wall, get rid of my little nightsatnd, and put the 40 gal on the other side...

340358[/snapback]

Lol! Roano, I always catch myself thinking the same things! Only mine is more like "I could put up a shelf above my couch, get rid of my bookles book shelf and put all the crap on there on the shelf, and get a REALLY big fish tank with goldies, with a stand that can hold a little tropical tank on bottom! OR I could move over my huge dresser and mirror to the edge of my bed so I feel colastrophobic, get rid of my trash can, and maybe squeeze another tank in there before I hit the other side of my room. I can always use the bathroom's trash can, and my feet are on that side of my bed anyways (cuz I sleep the weird way)" I have very large furniture, so moving stuff is pretty limited...especially with the low window :)

.....oh my poor hubby who thinks I have enough....he just has no idea!

:rofl Sounds like mine, now he's just like "if I can't beat them I'll join them". He is starting to enjoy the fish now. We now have 4 tanks and I can probably fit one more in the kitchen :D

I don't understand what is wrong with a house full of tanks, seriously, fish are beautiful to watch and tanks can be very decorative and tasteful. A beauty to behold.

I totally agree. I think they create such a peaceful environment.

My mom probably wouldn't approve of me sawing my bed in half though, so I'll have to think of something else!