Sign in to follow this  
BigRedandBlindWillie

My Old Guy Finally Passed Away

:cry1 I posted awhile ago about my very old betta who I was thinking about euthanasing. well he passed away today of natural causes. This morning while I was doing the dishes, I looked over in his tank, and he was still alive, but wasnt looking very well. About half an hour later, I went to check on him again, and he was gone. :( Its very sad, but I knew it was coming. he was getting so old, and looked so crippled. He is in a better place now. :cry1 But I will still miss him.

So sorry to hear of your old guy passing away!!! It's hard to lose a pet.....Your right though he is in a better place now with other fish...... :hug

:( Hey Jess,I know just how you're feeling.I've lost a couple from old age recently myself.Even though you know it's coming,it's never easy. Hope you feel better. :)

Thanks Devs and Della..... It is tough. I miss him alot. I knew it was coming, everyday I was waking up, afraid to look in his tank. Im just glad he is in a better place now. He can now swim with all of his friends, and eat all the blood worms and yummy treats they have to offer there.

Guest Esareh

Im sorry for your loss. I know how much company bettas can be :(

I'm so sorry to hear he passed. It sure sounded like it was his time. Was this the guy with the broken back end? If so I bet he is whole in heaven...

Oh I'm sorry Jessica! From your last post, it didn't sound like he would last much longer, but I know it is always hard to see them go. :cry1

At least he had the best life possible with you. :tou

Aw, poor little guy. He's feeling much better by now I promise. It IS always hard to let them go, but be brave and hang in there, they never really leave you. :hug

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by TamtheLittleBlackMoor

I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy, Jessica! :cry1 I know how hard it is, even if you know it's coming. I recently lost both of my oldest, two months apart. I'm sure my little Carlito and Vincent are showing your friend around, and they will never be old or in pain again. :)

Thank you so much. Its been hard. His tank is empty in the kitchen, and just seeing it makes me sad. I know he is with all his betta friends, and im sure my old guy and your two old guys are showing my guy all around, and eating all the yummy treats possible, and swimming through the endless amounts of fresh clean water.

Jessica,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your old guy. I know how hard it is to lose these little fellows after they have shared our lives. It is amazing how attached to them we become.

Take care

:hug

That's so true touchofsky! Bettas (and goldfish too) just have ways of stealing your heart away!

I like the thought of our bettas eating all those yummy treats! :) I know my little guys loved the food. Except bloodworms of course! Carlito hated them, which I've always heard they are supposed to love them. Bettas just have so much personality! :D

LOL, my betta absolutely LOVED blood worms. Only the frozen ones tho, not the freeze dried. He never seemed very interested in them.

Yesturday I laid him down to rest, He is now buried under neat my fishie tree. I have a special tree that I bury my fish under.