Sign in to follow this  
akk0415

Eggs

My girl drops eggs at least twice a month. Is this a normal thing? I thought it had to do with changing water temps, etc. I worry that all the egg making and laying is tough on her. On the bright side, the whole tank seems to think they are a very tasty snack. My snails LOVE them and so does my mama fish.

When mine were spawning,my female layed eggs a couple of times in a month :blink: Believe me,it was non stop!! I ended up separating males and females :D Water changes can also trigger them to spawn I believe.Sorry can't be much help :(

I have no males. It's insane all the eggs everywhere. Once we get them cleaned up (the fish, snails, and me), she does it again!

Andrea, I wouldn't worry, on the contrary she must be extremely healthy and fertile to constantly produce those eggs. Maybe you could do some serious breeding if you got a male.

I'd love to, someday. The investment with just getting her in a safe tank that's decorated to my liking was more than I expected. When I got her I had her in a 1 gallon tank. Thanks to koko's I got her in a 10 gallon tank and she is growing like crazy and I have a serious goldfish addiction. I am glad this means she is healthy because there are literally always eggs in the tank. I remember how she was when she was eggbound and it's hard to forget how miserable she was. I can't imagine having babies. How fun would that be?! :heart:D My daughter wants a boy so badly. She is always sad that the eggs can't hatch.

Edited by akk0415

Guest Pondandfish

Go Ahead!, start a new hobby.

I find a new hobby everyday.

I would love to, but this hobby is making my house messier and messier since I spend most of my time and money on my fish. The rest goes to my daughter and my poor husband, I feel for him, because he is so neglected. :(

I would be nutty over those fry! Maybe when my daughter is big enough to participate we can have some fry.

:D I didn't realize there was no male present :rolleyes: But it is normal for fish to drop eggs even without a male.Like Annette said,it just proves that she's healthy :D Good luck if you ever decide to breed her!

She's a little egg machine. :krazy: I wish I could send them to members who want to breed but are getting no where. I wish I had that kind of technology. If they harvest eggs from people, I am certain goldfish are much easier.