My Poor New Fish

Reboot

I 've had 3 fish for about a year now. They have grown to be between 4 and 5 inches long (including tails) and have really put on the weight. They have always gotten along with each other.

About a week ago, I brought a small oranda (2-1/2 inches including tail) home. I noticed one of my fish chasing the new one shortly after I put them together, but it wasn't very long before they seemed to have settled in.

Well, today all three of my big fish keep chasing the new one around. They just won't leave it alone. I also noticed that the three big fish have little white bumps on their gills (tubercles?). The small fish does not.

Do you think that I may have introduced one little female in with three amorous males?

If so, will they stop chasing her eventually? What can I do, short of separating them, to give her some relief?

Thanks...

Hiya, well i am very new two here.

but id say you have 3males and one female. if you dont want her to get pregnant then i would put her in a differant tank. but i have sent a post out about how to breed my fish! id love to do it. so it seems to me that youre very lucky ;)

But keep checkin around your tank ( the plants, statues and sides ) that theres no eggs because your fishys will eat the eggs. and if you want the baby fishys than transfer all your items with eggs into a seperate tank!

Good luck. Tanya x

Well my guys stopped chasing "Mr. Limpet". I guess the mood passed. It's funny, it's like they have no interest in the female anymore. I'm relieved, because I was worried that they would kill her.

Archived