Nitrate level 0

What kind of Filtration? Dual Bio Wheel 350

What kind of Water additives or conditioners? Stress Coat, Prime, Cycle

Any Medications add to the tank? No

What do you feed your fish? Pro Gold, Spirulina Flakes, Salad Supreme

Any unusual behavior? Like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? Nope

Nitrite Level 0

Tank size(How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 60 Gallon for 2 weeks

How often do you change the water and how much? 1 50%water change (not much need since ammonia levels haven't established the good bacteria yet)

How many fish in the tank and there size? 3: 1in, 2 in, and Blinky is about 3 cm (no that's not a typo) :)

Add any new fish to the tank? Just Blinky

Any unusual findings on the fish? Such as

"grains of salt", bloody streaks, frayed fins, fungus? No, only that he does have a boxy little tummy, is that normal for Ryukins? or little fry?

If you can what is the chloramines Level

from the Tap? Don't have the ability to test this

So some of you know that I got Blinky a couple of days ago at my lfs, and that he's my little guy with one eye! He's a little, (and I mean little) Ryukin. Since Ihave gotten him, his dorsal fin has appeared to be clamped. I bought the fancy goldfish and read up on i,t and it says that it could be due to a parasitism or poor water quality, or PH crash. But I've ruled out PH and water quality, (even though I've yet to establish nitrates and nitrites) Because they were clamped when I got him....so that leaves parasites!

Here are the other problems; I know you can't so a slt solution on a little guy like him, I have no hospitaltank right now because I'm starting from scratch on it with a fishless cycle so that is not an option.... :blink:

So needless to say I don't know what,or even if I should treat him with! Any feedback would be great! I'm not really concerned just yet because he's very active, and he eats well, and loves to hang out with the big boys! I just wonder if her eye trauma was so recent that her fins are still clamped from the stress of the experiance? Or does that not have much to do with it?

Anyhoooooo! Thanks for the feedback! I'm all ears! :listen:

Edited by orandas*r*my*heart

Hi o.a.m.h, even though it is not recommended that you do a salt bath on a little fella you can still salt the tank to .3%. That's 3 teaspoons per gallon, you might want to treat him in a smaller tank.

Just remember to only add .1% daily for such a little fish.

btw a lowered dorsal fin does not necessarily mean parasites, Blinky may just be out-of-sorts and generally unwell from the stresses in his life prior to living with you. If he is eating well, pooping ok, swimming and generally active, don't worry yourself too much. Good water and good food are the greatest healers.

edit: about his 'boxy little stomach', perhaps he is eating too much and putting a strain on his digetive system, this could be enough to lower the dorsal fin. Try cutting back on food a bit.

Edited by Fishmerised