Canister Filters

JDMac2006

does anyone use the magnum 350 pro filter? i was thinking of saving up for one of these to replace the filter that came with my tank. here is a link for it...Click me i think this would be nice since you can hook up the included gravel cleaner and you can take your time to cleek the gravel and don't have to worry about a bucket getting full, it just filters the water and sends it back to the tank, it will also pump out water in to a sink or bucket so you can still do water changes....let me know what you think, thanx

Hey JD :lol Thanks for posting on the filter. I've been looking for a different filter for my yet to buy 30 gal. Do you think it would work for a 30 gal.? What is the upkeep on it? What do I need to replace and how often. Excuse me but I know nothing of filters other than hang on the back type.

this filter that im looking at (the one i posted above) come in the 220 and 350 gph for your 30 gal the 220 would cycle it 7 times an hour and with the 350 it would cycle your tank 11 times an hour. as far as media you have tons of possibilities...go to www.drsfostersmith.com and look at their fish section and then go to filters you can see all sorts of stuff as far as maintenence im not sure i would guess you would rinse your media every two months but maybe somebody else will post who has more experience...

Archived