A Strange Bump

Dory

the last few days I have noticed a strange bump on my gf's(Dart) left side. her scales are not sticking out and the bump is not red or discolored. there is a slight swelling on both sides but one very noticable bump on one side.she is in a 55 gallon tank with one male fantail (about 3") and three small applesnails. Dart is 2-3" long. the male in with her has been showing every now and then some slight breeding behavior, so I'm not sure if maybe she is holding eggs. I havn't tested my water recently but I will be able to in a few days, but I don't even think that anything is wrong there because I am so understocked. Also, there is nothing sharp in the tank.PLEASE HELP!!! :cry1:krazy: ANY REPLIES WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!

Dory how is the fish acting?

Get the water tested ASAP that will indicate if something is wrong there and what type of enviornment she has to heal in.

She's acting fine now and swimming around the tank like she should.(awhile ago the tank was pretty bare and she was sitting at the bottom in a corner, but I think it was just because she felt insecure because the tank was so bare.[that was before the bump came] A couple weeks ago I got a few live plants for them to hide in and she has been acting better)

the bump/swelling seems to be going down I don't know if maybe she just ate too much or if she was holding eggs or what. Right now I'm fasting her and the other goldie too.

I probably won't be able to get the params until saturday at least.

Guest Phreno

If her belly's swolen, there are scales sticking out, and she's at the bottom of the tank on one side, it's most likely dropsy. That's what my calico fantail had. I got her Medigold and now she's fine.

still waiting to test the params, but the bump seems to have gotten bigger!! Any ideas at all as to what this might be? I can't even put salt in the tank because there are snails in there!! :cry1 :crp :ill

Guest kafine

This sounds exactly like my fish Hopscotch's zit problem started. She put on weight, and got a pea-sized lump on one side.

After a little while, it just came to a head like a pimple and drained away.

I would keep a close eye though, in case it's not the same thing. Lumps can be quite sinister things.

well I don't have any other tanks exept the ten gal. which is being used for my other goldie(Dusty) who has dropsy. Do you think this is contagious? Because I might be getting one or two other goldies soon, so would that be okay?or maybe I could just keep them in a rubbermaid until she is better?

Actually at first it looked like the bump was only on one side and with the other side just swelling a little, but now both sides are really big! Would a pic. help? I've never posted one but I'll see what I can do!

ok guys here are the params(sorry it took so long I have been extremly busy lately)!! Keep in mind that this is just before my weekly waterchange.

PH 7.8-8.0

KH Around 230

GH 300

NitrIte 0

NitrAte 30ish (I know a little high, but I'm going to get some more live plants in there soon!)

Ammonia 0

Any ideas as to what may be going on here? I'm still pretty clueless!

Update: on the lump there seemes to be a spot where a scale fell off and I think I might have seen a little white thing sticking out!!! Could this be a parasite? PLEASE HELP! :hide::please:crying:

Archived