Sign in to follow this  
Guest Esareh

Oh My Lord. I Need To Go To Goldie Rehab...

Guest Esareh

I spent the night at my friends house and we got in a argument because I wouldnt stop talking about fishies. :argue: She said things about some breeds too... EWW! bubble eyes Those are so ugly!THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!! :wa I need to enroll in a rehab program... :rofl before someone kills me

EDIT: I wub bubble eyes!!!!!

Edited by Esareh

My niece told me that my favourite fish was ugly (Cutie-Pie in my signature). She's not a kid either but a teenager who should have a bit more sensitivity.

Anyway, in the end it has become a long running joke and now she actually likes Cutie-Pie.

Yes, it is upsetting that most people "just don't get it" when it comes to our love of goldfish but we have each other. :hug

ya... my only friend who wanna talk about fish, HATE GOLDIES! Arg... they wanna alk about tetras (not my faves) and mollies (ok.. i like 'em) and getting salt water (boo, over rated!) Goldfish are- "to dirty" "to boring" "to genaric" "live to long" (her goldfish is 15, and she really wants the tank for tropics.. though she does love that fish ;) )

and yet they come over and stare at my goldies for hours... but they dont like 'em....

and then everyone else changes the subject when i start on my goldies. as my manager said "You know to much" heh.....

I know how you feel. My family thinks im nutso with my goldfish. I have a 55 gallon, a 15 gallon, and 2 2.5 gallon tanks. And they think I have WAY toooo many. LOL...

Guest Esareh

Too many? I say its not enough! I only have 2! a 10 gallon and a 29 gallon. lol

Guest calico4

My parents prety much hate goldies :angry: It p's me off how much they dont like them. I keep telling them i need a bigger tank, and I have a whole room open for tanks <_< I want to get a 30+ gallon tank and they say it is to much money to WASTE and they think that i dont need any more because they think i wont take care of it :noway I just dont know about them.

-calico

Edited by calico4

I know how you feel Calico; I want a 30 gal or larger too, even though I don't need it. My parents think it's way too much to spend on a tank.

Esareh, I can sympathize. My friends hate when I talk about my fish, and there was even one girl who purposly killed her fish by starvation, poisoning, and asphyxiation, because it 'lived too long.' I was increduoulus and never talked to her again. My friends can easily rile me up by saying that goldfish don't need 10 per fish and that they are 'just goldfish'. Luckily I found this sight and it serves as an outlet for all my questions and concerns about goldfish.

my parents dont really care what i do anymore as long as i pay for it and it dont smell bad....

thats how i have so many tanks.....

I can't really talk about my Goldies at work....none of my co-workers have fish. The few times I have said something I get the blank blinking stare ( I think they are thinking about me, a grown women talking about a fish .)

None fish people just don't get it!!

It's like some weird secert you have to keep to yourself!! :rofl

Yah it IS like a secret you have to keep to yourself. Only I can't keep secrets I love so much to myself, so thats why I spend all day on this site! :D And with my friends....yah....I try to avoid the fish topic as much as possible. Even then they still think I'm a freak and I have a hard time thinking of things to talk about besides fish! lol

Sometimes I try to avoid the topic of my fish too, but I find myself still talking about them and the surrounding people giving me the 'your so dumb' looks and edging away slowly.

Yah...people edge away from me too :)

Hey Roano, how did you get your group to say goldfish?

yesterday I had a friend over who I hadn't spoken to nicley for 3 years, we were having a biiiig fight. (a little backrond: Danny wants me and Nate to hate eachother, starts lying to us to make us fight "Ryan called you ugly" "Nate called you fat" That kind of thing. We finally realized what was happening and became friends again)

Well I showed him my room, which had been redone in the past three years, and he saw my four fish tanks. He said "WHOA! How many are there?" "19, each one with a individual name that I can point out to you if you want." "No, thats okay, lets go to the trampoline" "Okay!"

Nineteen tanks...wow!

Kissy: once i hit a 100 posts, it changed from Fry to Goldfish. I'll be a Full Member pretty soon!

I need rehab too. I talked about my fish so much at work that my coworker/best friend went out and bought a tank. Now everyday when I come in, we both launch into fish conversations. Everyone just shakes their head and calls us 'crazy fish people' :huh:

My family thinks I'm nuts too. My sister saw me looking at fish galleries and said I was losing it. And my mom was with me when I was buying some supplies, I thought the poor thing was going to have a heart attack when she saw the prices.

It's sure good to see that there are others out there as 'crazy' as me! :yeah:

I wish someone in my school were as enthusiastic as your coworker; the remark I get when I mention my fish is: "I don't CARE about your dumb goldfish!"

Once, I was talking to one of my friends who will actually tolerate me jabber, and I was talking about how I have no money because I spent all of my $70 in a month on one fish, and my biology teacher happened to hear me and said in a really loud voice: "You spent $70 on GOLDFISH?" and proceded to ask about how I could possible do that. Good thing many of my classmates ignore the teachers and not everybody heard him. I was embarressed at the time but now figure who cares? I love my goldfish and I don't care about anyone who says otherwise. (Plus, the damage is already done: if they don't know by now that I'm insane, they'll never figure it out!)

Ohh.. I guess I didn't notice when I was a goldfish! :P

I don't know what it is, but something is just so appealing about fish! Maybe cuz they are cute...or something about their gills/fins/bodies...maybe cuz I think its so cool that they live in water..I really have no idea, but something about them is so hypnotic and appealing! Anyone have any ideas?

Guest *Ilovemyfish

My family thinks I'm crazy too. For a while there, I was beginning to think they were right. I seriously freak out when something is wrong with them and I talk about them all of the time. I consciously try to stop talking about them when I see my captive's eyes glaze over.

I live with my boyfriend and have completely overtaken his place with tanks and supplies. He thought I was nuts at first too, but I caught him explaining the cycle of a tank to his buddy last night. HA! Got him. He wants fish of his own now and we have been discussing the placement of the new 55 gallon I'm about to purchase! Very happy :D

Goldies Rock!!

:rockon

Aww warm fuzzies :) My boyfriend will probably never be into fish, but he's never had pets so who knows! He says if we live together we can a have a REALLY BIG fish tank together :) He still doesn't understand why I love fish, but he's learning to be supportive

Aww warm fuzzies :) My boyfriend will probably never be into fish, but he's never had pets so who knows! He says if we live together we can a have a REALLY BIG fish tank together :) He still doesn't understand why I love fish, but he's learning to be supportive

335822[/snapback]

my boyfriend is the same way, except he once said that 'when' we move in together, he'll rent me one of those storage unit garage thingies so i can keept he fish there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::o

the nerve!!!!!!!!!!

hes finally leaning that the he ranks third to my horse and fish!!!

Edited by smack536

Storage unites huh? lol!

I make my boyfriend say "if". Even tho we've been together for a little over two years and I definately see a future with him, we're only sixteen and I'm a little afraid of commitment. Sounds kind of extreme, but "if" makes a huge difference lol. Just aone of my little things :)

Poor goldies just don't get any respect -- the other day I had a customer tell me that she thought goldfish were "dirty, disgusting vermin" :blink: I get a lot of flack for keeping goldies, that I am not a serious fish hobbyist because my main tank (and love) is goldfish. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but the disrespect does hurt sometimes-- I don't go around insulting cichlids, y'know?

Right on, GEF! Two of my friends have said serveral times: "If you love fish so much, why don't you just get a tropical/saltwater tank? The fish are so much more pretty! Goldfish are just stupid."

Then I pretty much fly off the handle...

Edited by Roano

Guest Vinnie65

I love bubble eyes, too! Haha that's why you have the board. We understand what other people can't. ;)