Feeding Snails

fishrpets

I have microwaved mine too and sometimes I put zuchinni in raw. I was just wondering if one way was better. I read about giving them green beans and I haven't tried that one yet, I'll have to get some soon :D

Sometimes I will boil the harder things like carrots and peas in some water first. Other times I won't. I think boiling takes some of the nutritional value away from the food though.. you could also use the freeze and thaw method. A lot of foods can be fed raw however.

I have a ram, and I have never cooked any of the food I feed him. His favorite is cucumber slices, and i just slice it, and hook it to the veggie clip, and hes all over it. He also likes lettuce leaves, but he doesnt seem to eat them as fast as the cucumber, i wonder if it may be too hard after reading this post.... hmm.... ive also never fed mine green beans.... might have to try sometime

Ok, I just found this info on rainbowsnails.com

It is a myth that snails can survive on algae alone, they must be fed a variety of foods daily.

A favorite is french cut green beans.

All veggies should be precooked and soft.

So I guess I will nuke them a little first....unless it is already soft anyway. :)

I agree with smack, I blanche for brigs and small canas, raw for the larger canas. Cooking does take away some nutritional value I believe. Once my canas are grape sized, I stop cooking veggies.

Just my :twocents

Yeah, I noticed that too with the smaller babies I got from Sharon and Heather - they have a hard time with the raw things. While the bigger guys - well, why bother cooking... :rofl

they all seem to like spinach raw, even the brigs would slime all over it when i stuck it in....most everything else though, the brigs dont bother with raw....

spinch and cukes are definately favorites in my tank! romaine comes in a close thrid....its wierd tho, most ppl say that they just love Kale, but none of mine will touch it!

:exactly trial and error..best way to go!

Archived