My Snail Tank, And It's Tenants.

Erika

WEll, there was an accident with the first 2 dozen cookies.... they completely molded after a few days. I guess I didn't realize that since they were moist, I shoulda let em dry out instead of keeping in the ziplock. So she's being a sweetheart and sending me more. I tried to pay her, but you know Angie,she wouldn't let me. She also said she'd mail the cookies in a gladware container and I told her no way. Not with free shipping! I have a bazillion gladwares anywya. :D

Okay snail experts......I have read through this post and saw that erikka had some funny looking, okay to tell ya the truth icky looking eggs like things that she called cluthces.... :hmm I am assuming those are snail eggs?..... :unsure: So if I start to see these in my tank what is the best way to deal with that? I don't really have a clue what to do with them if I see them....And what if I don't want them? I am doomed with them or can I take them somewhere?

They look kinda slimy to me?.....I think I can handle taking them outta the tank if I do end up seeing them I will just have to close my eyes like erikka does...... :rofl Any inforomation with this would be awesome so I know what I am getting myself into!!!!

:lol: Cana's and Brigs lay their eggs out of the water. The wonderful thing about these Apple Snails,is that you can choose as to whether you'd like Babies or not. If your snail lays them,-let them sit for a few hours,as they will "harden up" somewhat,and won't be so "slimey".You can then take a credit card or something,slide it right under them,and they'll come right off in one mass form. If you choose to keep them,you can take a piece of Stryofoam,and float the eggs in your tank,making sure to mist them occasionally so that they don't dry out,or you can take a Tupperware container,place a papertowel inside.Moisten it with just enough Tank Water to make it damp-(Not Soaked)-Then poke a few air holes into the container's lid,and then place somewhere warm. The eggs can take anywhere from a week to 3 weeks or so-depending on warmth,etc. Some people just leave the eggs in their tank where they were laid to begin with,and that's fine too,but just realize that you're taking a chance when you do that.If there's too much moisture in your tank,there's a good chance that the eggs will fall into the tank water.If they do that,depending on how long they were in the water,the babies could drown. If you choose to Not Want Babies,then it's only a decision on how you want to Dispose of them. Hope this helps you somewhat! ;)

They are icky lookin, man, they straight up gross me out a bit. They're cool though, cuz they're full of baby snails!! Yay!! I hate that sound the clutch makes when you get the credit card wedged under em and scrape em off the glass..... :scared

Erikka your freaking me out here....LOL :hide: Okay so now I guess what I want to know is how do I dispose of them if I do have them? and decide not to keep them? Or don't I want to know?.....lol

Devs this helped out a ton least I now know what to do with them if I end up with them, The brig that u are sending me could wind up having eggs then right? Is that considered an apple snail? or I am all confused as usual here?.......Erikka I don't know if I dare ask but what is this noise that you are talking bout????? :hmm

It's an icky scraping cracklin noise. As for what you should do with the clutch, flush it, throw it in your garden (it won't hatch), put it in someoen's soup, whatever you'd wanna do with it to get rid of it. :lol:

And yes, brigs are apple snails.

LOl..... :rofl put in someones soup!! don't give me any ideas....lol

Thanks for the advice and thanks for telling me just what it sounds like... :ill SICK!!! I can just imagine already. I will have to see for myself I guess if I get a clutch or not, then decide what to do with it? I think I would feel bad flushing it but I sure as heck don't need hundreds of baby snails around...anywho thanks again :rockon

I just have to say.... this is the grossest and most fun forum on koko's. I learn more than I ever wanted... in the most icky way possible.... :P Thanks to you again errrricka. :rolleyes:

Those clutches are really gross! How come no one else's pictures of clutches look that gross?

Archived