Sign in to follow this  
Raynebowfish

Hooray! My Goldfish Are Spawning!

Nice pics :D I love your panda :heart makes me wanna fishnap him :yeah:

Thanks!!

There will be no fishnapping!!! :angry: He infected my whole tank with Ich when I first bought him!!!! LOL But, I had figured since my whole tank had it now, I might as well keep him. I bought him Dec. 28th. It looks like hes starting to get chocolate splotches on him! Itd be awesome if he turned white and orange!

I posted a TON of my fish pic in the goldfish pic board, and theres a pic of my Pug :) lol

You guys rock!!!! No one else shows the slightest bit of enthusiasm (sp) when I talk about how the babies are doing. My manager at work, actually has taken a slight interest and asks me how the fry are doing :) He use to breed fancy guppies and show them. But he is not a big goldfish fan :( oh well, his lose! Thanks for caring, it makes me happy to share something that I know will be enjoyed here :heart

I tried to edit my post...but I guess I took to long or something typing all this!!

*rambles!!!*

Lizzy ~ I wanna see what the parents of your fry look like, even if they are common goldfish, they're all awesome! Eric, who was my recent bf, actually did shower...sometimes 2 times a day! he smelled so pretty... :) He was sooo awesome....I am still bummed it didn't work out...maybe, even tho I doubt it, it might work out when hes outta college...Hes a really shy person, and he liked me for 6 months and never had the nerve to ask me out, *we work together at Pizza Hut, hes now a manager* I was always curious of him...and I finally attempted to ask him out, now I'm all sad and crying LOL I miss him...He was so wonderful...He still treats me awesome even tho were not going out, he drove to my house to bring me food wehn I had no money after we broke up ( I live about a 30mins from him, and he had to work at 6am, he left my house at 2am) He wasn't the best looking guy, but we got along so great..I can hardly see the letters on the keys my eyes are all blurry ....I'm so pathetic :rolleyes: I need to find another great guy like him...I need to quit being an emotional basket case too :crp Its great when you find someone who treats you like a Princess, but they still have a spine and won't let you walk all over them. Atleast, if anything I know what to look for in a future boyfriend. "Just wait and see and you'll find someone that actually knows how to shower! " ~ that made me laugh so HARD LOL!!! That made my day!

Guest Lizzy

Hmmm good trick with the magnifier!

If only I had batteries for the digicam, hehe

I have a few that are definitely getting FAT - their bellies protrude bigtime.

I'll hop over to the other forum in a sec to watch your pictures.

I saw SUCH a cutie yesterday - a shubunkin with really light colouring over the body but the whole tail was black. SO CUTE! And so tempting *grrrr*

Eric sounds good :)

Maybe you shouldnt look any further yet, but just dig a little deeper?

Long distance relationships work, I'm living proof :D

I like the shubunkins...I haven't seen any ones that have tempted me into buying it tho. The first goldfish I bought was a shubunkin, his name was Freckles. He died after like a month, cuz it was when I first set-up a tank and stuff...I lost 4 goldfish, and the one who had made it, he died on friday. :(

I actually got the idea from someone posting in the disease section, the used their camara to take a pic through their microscope, and I figured it might work with the magnify glass :)

The fry are all doing wonderful! I gotta change their water tonight...I accidently sucked one up yesterday, hes doing good tho lol hes a trooper :)

Lizzy ~ Eric is wonderful...I don't really want anyone other than him. He did NOTHING that annoyed me, and I am one of those awful people who will end a relationship just cuz the person chews with their mouth open LOL *I have done it a couple times, actually* Or their personal hygiene isn't that great, and it doesn't improve after I say something about it LOL I am staying friends with him, we hang out once a week, and usually work together a couple times a week. He wants to take me out on his boat sometime this weekend...I do hope it works out...His last gf basically killed him, she cheated on him with his bestfriend, and that same week his grandpa died, and he told me he wasn't "emotionally ready" to be in a relationship because of that...it was over a year ago tho...It could just be that hes not that interested. I don't know, time will tell tho, right?

*UPDATE*

I lost 2 more fry...their spines went crooked...I have 5 left now. They're doing awesome! I bought baby brine shrimp :) It looks like they're all gonna be fantails!!! 2 are bigger than the other 3, and I can see their lil fantails perfectly now :) HOORAY! I'm gonna try to ppost some pics of them late tonight, so that all can see them growing! :lol:

I've been working 2 jobs this last week, so I'm pretty tired, and haven't had the energy to hop online lately. Today, I got up early...well, early for me is noon LOL

I WILL get the pics posted late tonight tho!!!

Guest Lizzy

Whoa thought I had responded to your last post but I hadnt - sorry!

Looking forward to those pics :)

In the meantime we have the 5th batch of fry here, hehe

This time from my workplace again.

Wow, Lizzy, that reminds me of the saying "when it rains, it pours!" 5th batch, that must be some busy parents! :lol:

Guest Lizzy

Not all the same parents :)

2 from my own, 3 from my workplace.

But yes, they're QUITE busy!

At my workplace its a show pond though, so there are regular water changes to keep the place from going mucky. The fish love that :)

I lost another one last night...spine crooked...so now there is 4! I got some new picks of the lil guys!

post-3964-1118694924_thumb.jpg This is one of the fry who is growing a fantail

post-3964-1118695122_thumb.jpg This is the other with a decent fantail I could get a pic of

post-3964-1118695172_thumb.jpg This is their house! Its not much, but I figure in a couple weeks, when they're a lot bigger I can move them into the 20gal I have cycling :)

Lizzy ~ WOW! 5 batches!!! I only got my one, you're lucky...I wish my fish got that "busy" all the time LOL this one batch has been a bit of a pain, but its proving to be more worth it everyday! They all apear to have lil fantails growing, so in another week, I will add some more pics, unless I get bored and ttry to get some better shots of their tails

I finally got my Breeders Award! :lol: I'm Iming all my friends telling them lol

* the pics didn't turn out as well as I had wanted...so I will try to get some much better ones on here to night! * The green water is due to the malachite green I have in there to prevent fungus*

Edited by Raynebowfish

Guest Lizzy

They're looking good Rayne!

The tails really differ from mine - I was already wondering what yours looked like.

I still need to figure out how to picture them properly.

Mine are however a bit bigger so it should be easier *ahum*

I have the dilemma that the 1st batch will soon see the new batches as food :(

Better start thinking up a moving plan.

Want to have a few of mine? We have around 50 in our latest batch, LOL.

Where are we going to keep them all?

Congrats on the award too :)

I recently gained mine for the fry from 2 years ago as well...hehe..

I know, I know - I'm quick :rolleyes:

Guest Lizzy

BTW you can receive snail eggs too - those 3 snails are on their 5th batch or so as well. :D

And the chickens on their 2nd breed.

My boss keeps joking I'm the fertility queen!

I can't have anymore fish! I was bad and bought a single tail black moore *the pics are in GF discussion* He is soooo awesome!

You have waaaaay too many animals that are getting their lil animal grooves on! LOL :heart I'm gonna try in just a lil bit to get more pics of the fry with their tails showing...if they cooperate! lol

It would prolly cost quite a bit to ship them to me... :unsure: I know that here for overnight shipping its roughly 40$ US, I have no idea wutd itd be for overseas...

Guest Lizzy

It was more of a joke as well :)

Though if there are any dutchies here reading this that want some....my fish at home just went for #6.

I didnt even know there were eggs but I just scooped out the fry with their yolk sac still attached. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lizzy

*Speechless at amount of spawning taking place at your house* :rofl

That is insane! I would go crazy! my 4 lil ones are still alive, I fed the baby brine, so their lil bellies are pink now LOL Thats so sweet how you can see what they've aten....food sounds good...mmmm...taco bell! *will be driving to get tacos tonight!*

The batteries are completely dead in my camara :( I got flash happy and took too many pics of my fish! I will pick up some ghetto batteries from the dollar store tomorrow! and Show MORE PICS!!!! So many pics, it kills my computer! * evil laugh* K, so I'm a lil hyper tonight!

Tomorrow! I will post some better pics of their tails!

It was more of a joke as well  :)

Though if there are any dutchies here reading this that want some....my fish at home just went for #6.

I didnt even know there were eggs but I just scooped out the fry with their yolk sac still attached.  :rolleyes:

343494[/snapback]

All bow before the fertility goddess.... :blink:

LOL!!!! :rofl

That was the funniest thing I've read all day!

My fry are doing well, I lost one, so now its 3. I moved them into a 5gal tank, and I saw little tiny dorsal fins on the 2 bigger ones!!!! :heart

On wednesday...they will be one month old!!! YAY!

Lizzy ~ how are all your fry doing??

yay your frys are growing up !!!! i cant wait to see what they look like ..

keep us posted

Guest Lizzy

Actually, its tropical here since a week so I'm working 12h a day.

The warm temperature must be good for the fish as well....

We're at batch 7 & 8 *turns red*.

Also, the fry from batch #1 are the same age as Rayne's :)

They have all their fins attached and the tail formed for a while though. The warmer water is probably making them grow more rapidly - I especially think so, because some of the fry that are 2 weeks old are just as big as the 4 week ones!

I'm starting to see some patterns on them too - quite a few are really dark (probably commons) but there are also quite a few really light ones.

And a few mixed samples - my guess is the ones from my workplace are crosses between 2 sarassas there and a few baby "blauwwindes".

Dont know the english name but I attached a picture of that type.

I dont want to guess numbers but I think I have around 15 inside left, with 8 of them being quite large already.

And outside is just 1 huge puddle of life!

I bought this big plastic curver box, filled it with water and plants and daphnia - the fry seem to love it!

I guess there are around 50 fry in there still, with around 15 large ones and 15 medium ones.

They're so cute!

The big ones chase a daphnia, take it in their mouth, wrestle with it, then accidently open their mouth and the daphnia quickly takes off again. Or they forget which daphnia they were chasing and start chasing another. I can watch it for hours!

The chick is getting bigger too - unfortunately I havent uploaded pics from it yet, but I attached a picture of his/her mummy about 10 months ago at the same size.

Rayne - how are the fantails doing?

I'm now pretty sure all mine are single tails.

We'll have to compare notes soon again :)

post-3261-1119469572_thumb.jpg

post-3261-1119469701_thumb.jpg

thats chick looks so cool

Guest Lizzy

They are really cool.

Unfortunately this year only 1 came out of the egg alive.

But its a very strong fellow!

He has 3 mummies so he's spoiled as well.

And very loud!

When he cant find his mum, he squeeks so loud we can hear him from all across the pool! (I work in an outdoor swimming pool)

Its great fun and kids love to watch them :)

I am down to one fry left now :(

I am pretty bummed out, cuz if I mess up what so ever, that would mean I have none left...

He is doing pretty good tho, eating a ton! I'll prolly get some pics of him up this weekend, so you can all see how hes doing :)

Lizzy ~ your duck is awesome!!! I want one!!!! :)

aww thats a bummer, one left :(

well hopefully that one stays alive :)

cant wait to see the last survivor :D

Guest Lizzy

Cant wait to see the pictures :)

Good luck with that last one - from the sound of it, he'll do just fine!

My fry are left in my mums care atm cause I'm going to visit my boyfriend.

I have around 12 fry left indoors, and my outdoor fry...

Well...they had ich :(

Now there are 5 strong big ones left and a few small ones.

In another bucket though, I scooped up some new fry from the pond.

Lets see how they will do :)

I'll take some pics after my visit. Back on the 19th. :yeah:

Edited by Lizzy