Sign in to follow this  
Raynebowfish

Hooray! My Goldfish Are Spawning!

Yeah, its about the fish..but it'll still be cool to have the breeders award for all the effort that goes into these lil guys!! :)

UGH! I hate ex-boyfriends whose only purpose in life is to make yours more miserable...SRY....an ex of mine is being a complete and utter ^%$%$^&*^&*%$$%^%$^%(&*&(**&*&%^%^%$%#@#$#@#@!#$@$^^$$#$%#%$$#^%$%^#%$#$%^ Again, sorry to go off subject...but SERIOUSLY! HE NEEDS TO GO AWAY!

Sigh...anyways...back to happy thoughts!! I made some hard-boiled eggs!!! I'm gonna try feeding them an EXTREMLY small amount..I wanna see their stomachs turn yellow lol it amuses me!

All of them appear to have wut looks like a fantail shape where their tails are.

+--: Thats wut they look like, roughly LOL cept, the + is a LOT smaller, I can just barely see wut appears to be a developing fantail :)

Gonna go feed the babies and change their water, i can't be up as late tonight, I have to work at 4pm...and I've been sleeping in til 5pm LOL

Guest Lizzy

Be careful with the yoke...its VERY messy!

I'm thinking about going to the pharmacy later and get a drop-thingy to water the food down and feed it that way...

And yes, ex's are a pain sometimes, arent they? *grin*

Guest yabbie

Breeding goldfish is easy compared to getting a digital camera to focus on the little buggers... er... lovely little buggers.

No way I'll ever get a breeders award unless I get the old manual camera out and snail mail my photos in!

2 more have passed away. It surprisingly doesn't bother me LOL They didn't seem interested in the egg...but my guppies and commons sure liked them!! (I gave them a very small amount) So did my Pug..He only gets the white part tho, cuz hes fat! :lol:

A med. dropper seems like a good idea, I think I may just have to go pick one up...thanks for the idea!

I saw them poop today!! I never thought seeing an animal poop would make me this happy and proud! I can hear the groans at work already when I tell them...*they get a 24 hour update on how the babies are doing, whether they like it or not!!*

My 60gal is horribly infected with a mystery worm...I hope the babies don't have it...Oh well, I got my paycheck...*happy* So I can get some baby brine shrimp, and the big fancy water testing kit, and any other pet related thing I decide to buy...cept for fish...even tho vvvv did have some beautiful celestials... :rolleyes:

When can they be safely moved to a bigger tank? I have an empty 20gal long that would be awesome for them. Do they actually have to look like fish in order to do that? I'm too scared to do anything right now.

:heart OH!! THEY'RE A WEEK OLD NOW!!! :heart

I want to "try" to take some pics of them...So I can compare how they've grown. One pic a week...that would be awesome! I'm tempted to just go out and buy a digi-cam since my dad won't let me use his...Or I could see if my friend wants to drive up here and I could use his camara phone....hmm...

so sorry for your loss...

I didn't transfer my frys to a bigger tank til they were about a month old.What I did was fill the big tank halfway with water and let it run for about a week then float the whole acrylic 1 gallon tank that the frys were in.I added a little water at a time from the big tank to the tank that they were in every 30 minutes to acclimate them.After a couple of hours,I checked the temp and the ph and the time it was the same,I tilted the acrylic tank to let the water in and waited for the frys to swim out by themselves.As they grow,I added water everyday to fill the tank to the lid.

Hope this helped a bit....I hope I made sense :blink:

Thank you

That does make sense!! I can't wait til they get bigger and I can move them to a "real" tank instead of the 2 gal plastic container they're in now. Hopefully I'll have no more losses...the fry that are still alive seem to be getting bigger :) Or its in my head LOL Oh! Theres 2 of them that are like a white color and all you can really make out are their eyes and stomach when theres food in it!! (Its not fungus, cuz they're not fuzzy) The others all appear like a brownish type color and are a lot easier to see! Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome :D Good luck with them and keep us posted :)

Guest Lizzy

My tank was infected with small white worms as well - however the fry love them and happily munch on them!

I almost got no worms left!

And it makes me laugh when 1 fry takes 1 end, and the other the other end, and they both pull the worm apart...hehe

Gotta love them!

Seeing as mine are already in a big tank (10+ gallon), I'm not moving them the upcoming months. When they're big enough, they go into the pond outside.

I will top of the water in the tank though, cause at the moment its only a low level of water in there so it doesnt crush them.

Lizzy ~ What did the worms look like? Cuz mine are white and they have a black arrow shaped butt and a black dot where the head is...I hope its nothing bad....The arrow butt scares me :o LOL

The babies are all doing well today...2 have dissapeared...or I'm miscounting. I'm going with the latter of the two. They're eating well, which makes me happy.

My good ex, not the bad one, is gonna come to my house hopefully sometime this weekend so I will finally have some pics to post!!! HOORAY! :lol:

I'll keep ya updated if anything else happens! Thanks again!!!!!!

Guest Lizzy

Mine are planaria I believe. Dont see any black bits.

A result from too much food in the tank - which would be logical cause I had moved my fish out into the pond and hadnt gotten around to cleaning it yet :D

The planaria make wonderful food for my fry though.

The fry like to hide :)

Dont panic yet - I cant count them at all; there are always a few hiding under the wood or in the plants.

Do you also have one or two that are bigger than the other?

Lizzy, I don't know where they would hide....the only thing in the tank is the sponge filter....Stupid fry...to dumb to live maybe? LOL Or i'm just being blind and they're camoflauging on me LOL None of them are bigger, they're all very equal in size. I'm going with the sponge theory.

*BIG SIGH OF RELIEF*

I read my responses in teh disease section, and what you have just written me, and everyone agrees is planaria.

Ugh! its 4:30am! I gotta get of the computer before my dad gets up for work...he treats me like I'm still 13...and can't be up late.. Oh well, Thanks again!

Guest Lizzy

My dad does the same, and I'm 23 :)

Probably wont get any better any time soon, hehehe

Personally, I like the planaria at this stage so I wouldnt worry about them.

But some consider them a menace.

You should watch them, see how they eat them - its great entertainment!

Fry are hard to count btw - plus it seems like they get more camouflaged, I swear!

I overlook them regularly :D

LOL I guess I'm the dumb one!!! I missed counted! I'm happy that they're all alive and well tho. I bought 50$ worth of fish stuff at the petstore today....I got my Master freshwater testing kit!!! A lot of salt, melafix and aquarium sealant cuz I'm gonna make some cool tank decorations!

The fry are still good. They're a week and 2 days old now!! No more losses!! Hooray! :) I wish I didn't have to work today....Its too noce out to work...sunny and 80*F today! Hopefully, on account of teh nice weather, we won't be busy tonight! :D

Lizzy ~ Its funny that no matter how old you get, dads still treat you like your 13...Specially if ya still with with them, which is my case. Oh well, he knows how to fix my car, and I learned how to change my oil from him, kinda learned how to fix a strut, change a flat and how to ghetto rig a broken exhaust. He says hes proud of me, cuz I'm the only one outta 3 girls who actually wanted to learn how to do things for my car LOL *I'm the son he never had* hahahahaha

Guest Lizzy

I live with my parents as well - awaiting the day that my boyfriend, who lives in the UK, moves over here and we can move in together.

Dads never change,you'll always be daddy's little girl :D

My fry are about the same age - they're doing well!

Counted 18 or 19 earlier. Not bad!

All the babies are alive and doing really well...I bought a magnify glass today so I can see the lil buggers better :) I freaked out today! I saw this long thing sticking off the side of one, and thought it was a worm...turned out to be poop LOL

Oh! I finally found some Liquifry!! yay! I have been to vvvv, nooppee, mmm, Robbinsdale farm and market, and today, I went to the lil ghetto petstore, and they are the only people who carry it! It was expensive tho...but everything they have there is usually over-priced, seeing how its not a corprate store. It was 6.99, but I figure since I give them 1 drop 4 times a day, the bottle should last for some time. I also picked up a sponge filter, (they were also the only store that I could find one at) it has carbon in it and theres no way to take it out unless I destroy it, so I'm letting it run in the empty 20gal for a few weeks so it can be established.

Lizzy ~ your b/f lives in the UK?? Did you know him from before, or has it always been a long distance thing? I admire people who can keep a long distance relationship going, that takes a LOT of trust, I wish I could find some one trustworthy LOL People wonder where in the **** I meet the guys I have dated. :rolleyes: The last guy who recently broke up with me was an awesome guy,(besides the fact he dumped me lol) but he has to go back to college this summer, and works 2 jobs...I guess he can't deal with a long distance relationship...I was willing to give it shot! Meh. Sorry to ramble on so much! I start typing and I can't stop :lol: What day did your fry hatch? You have quite a bit more than I do!! How big are you fish that spawned? Mine are only about 3'' to 3 1/2'' long, so I guess that may have had to with with the small amount of eggs.

Guest Lizzy

Liquifry is about the same here - its expensive but it saves the egg-yolk thing.

It can get messy too though, so dont overfeed :)

My bf and I met online as friends. He came to see the Netherlands and I offered to show him around - we were an item within 2 days of meeting :D

Probably because we already knew each other from chatting as well.

We'll be together for 4 years beginning of August.

He's a sweetheart, very caring - when I go shopping he'll pull me on the couch and do a feet rub, hehe. I'm so lucky!

Dont apologize for rambling btw, I'm even worse :P

My fry hatched around the same day as yours I believe.

24th the first, 25th a few others.

The parents of the first batch are 2 common goldfish - they were spawning on my hands at 3 degrees outside! They're mad little things.

Seeing as they are quite a bit older, they would probably lay quite a few eggs but the temperature is a downside. Still, those fry are growing better than last year.

The second batch of fry is from my workplace - the parents there...well...thats a guess, with 32 goldfish :D

I *think* the dad is a big fat sarassa and the mum has a big fantail, but I can't be sure! Those arent growing that rapidly though, but it could also be that I compare them to the first batch, and seeing as the 2nd hatched around the 31st, they'd be smaller ofcourse.

Young goldfish do spawn less eggs.

I'm jealous at your fry btw - the parents sound so interesting!

Mine are just commons, hehehe

Do show pictures when they start to shape up a little please? :D

I so love panda moore's.

Edited by Lizzy

I did water tests on my fry tank...they aren't very good! I have to change the water more!!! my ammonia is almost 2 ppm!!!! Nitrite ~ .25ppm Nitrate ~ 5

:angry: I have get better at keeping the water clean!!!!

The fry are all doing very good, and guess wut Lizzy!! Are fry both hatched on the same days! A couple of mine hatched on the 24th and the rest of the 25th!!! Hooray! We can get them together for a B-day party!! :lol:

I'm excited to see how they turn out!! I think I read somewhere that if where the tail should be looks kinda wierd..kinda like a "+" shape at the end ,it will be a fantail! and both Popcorn and Roberta have really pretty fantails, and Bear (hes the panda moore) has a more short tail. I can't wait til they've grown up and start looking like fish!!!

Lizzy ~ *heres a LOT of rambling for ya!!!*

Wow...four years together?!?!?! thats absolutly amazing! I'm so happy for you..and jealous LOL my longest relationship was with someone I had met online...we talked for like a year, and ended up having a few of the same friends an actually met in person at a party...I dated him for roughly 6months...his ex-gf came back in the picture..and he asked me to marry 4 days before he cheated on me with her! <_< Go figure, it turned out he only did that so I wouldn't worry about them hanging out...

He still has no job, no car or his liscence and hes 23 years old, he lives in his friends aunts basement. and he smells bad...some how I ended up going back out with him 6months later, and I told him he should take a shower and use soap...he said he can't use his friends soap, cuz that would be rude, so I asked him if he uses their toilet paper to wipe his butt after he poos. (I actually said that in a more vulgar way, but I figure I'd make it acceptible lol) Well, needless to say, he was quite mad after that, and told me to take him home, on the car ride home he told me that I was more worthless than he was, and that all his friends hated me and thought I was annoying and stupid and pretty much everything you'd say to make someone wanna die. I was really hurt after that. I attempted to talk to him about it the next day, and he said that if all I was gonna do is complain, he didn't wanna talk to me, so I said fine, and walked away. I didn't talk to him for almost a year, I occasionally talked to him online til he started calling me names, so I blocked all 15 of his SN's and more! sigh...sorry to go on like that. It feels nice to rant and rave a lil :)

Ok! I am attempting to post my pics! My dad hasn't shown me how to work the digi-camara, but luckily, I have it pretty much figured out! So, here we go!!!!

post-3964-1117952752_thumb.jpg

Ok! I am attempting to post my pics! My dad hasn't shown me how to work the digi-camara, but luckily, I have it pretty much figured out! So, here we go!!!!

post-3964-1117952752_thumb.jpg

Hooray! I got a pic of one of the possible dads now! this is Popcorn, he is my black and gold oranda :)

post-3964-1117955248_thumb.jpg

Guest Lizzy

LOL fry pics are so hard to take that those could be mine too :D

I didnt do water tests on mine - maybe I should... afraid I'll get shocked though :(

Interesting thing you say about the tails! They're just too tiny for now though.

Popcorn looks nice btw :)

I can show you the parents of mine but they're just commons.

*Ramble time*

Nice ex-bf...talk about a pathetic case (and a smelly one!). I had one like that too. No job, couldnt GET a job anywhere. Threatened to suicide if I left him. :rolleyes:

Glad thats long past now, hehe

Dont apologize for ranting, we all do that at times (I sure do!)

Just wait and see and you'll find someone that actually knows how to shower! :D

Edited by Lizzy

Guest Lizzy

These are pictures from a surviving fry from last year btw.

He's swimming in our pond now and has lots more black spots.

The mother is a shubunkin and the dad a common.

post-3261-1117968151_thumb.jpg

post-3261-1117968641_thumb.jpg

Ok! Today I got smart!!! and took pics of the fry using a maginfying glass!!! they turned out AWESOME!!!! I am so amazing! :) *sorry, I am really proud of my photographty skills...seeing how I don't usually have them!!!*

post-3964-1118040753_thumb.jpgpost-3964-1118040793_thumb.jpgpost-3964-1118040828_thumb.jpgpost-3964-1118040863_thumb.jpg

If you look closely by their tail, you can kinda see the begining of a fantail, and a few of mine are getting a spade shape where the tail will be!!! They're 11 days old in this pic!!!

Edited by Raynebowfish

Oooh, great! They are so cute!

OK! Since I'm on a picture frenzy! Heres one of mom and the other possible father!!

post-3964-1118041543_thumb.jpg This is Momma, her name is Roberta

post-3964-1118041619_thumb.jpg This is dad # 2, he is my panda moore....his coloring isn't that great for a $25 fish tho LOL