Hood, Filter And Light

Hey everybody......I got my 29 gal. tank. Now all I need is the hood, a bigger filter and a light!!

I was just wondering if ne one knew where I may be able to get one for a decent price, although the price is not that big of deal, just seeing if anyone knew of a bargin out there? :thumb: Oh yea I need a stand too, if I can't find one of those for cheap enough I think I can just have the hubby make one at work....they are soooo expensive!!

Is there anything else that I need for the tank? I will ovioussly be moving this tank to a diffren't spot in the house so the fish won't be by the heat register anymore, I was thinking maybe I would need a heater now? they are warmer now because we have had our heat on this week!! Anything I need just let me know.

Thanks!!! B)

Sounds good to me. Not sure if you already have an airstone and pump, that would be something to add.

The heater is good to keep everything from "shifting" too much.

Other than that, nnnnnn has some good deals on stuff. I am not sure what part of the world you are in.

Hi Laurie...I live in Wisconsin so we definataly have plenty of Walmarts!!!...lol

Airstone and a pump are two things I don't have!! and to tell u the truth I don't think I have ever used these things??? :donthit: I used to have a bubble wand thing but the fish hated it...I think it was just to many bubbles for them they coulden't get around very well. What exactly is the airstone? I will go out and get one today or tommorow all long with the other things I need also.

Thanks for the help.

Guest Phreno

vvvv has good prices on filters, I got mine there for pretty cheap.

An airstone is just that, a solid "stone" type thing that hooks up to a pump, and makes the bubbles smaller.

Thanks....I do have a airstone then, I had it in there when I first set up the tank but I think the bubbles were too much for the fish?......What I mean is I think there is too many coming outta there and they hated trying to swim in that....Maybe there is a smaller one that I can get, I think the one I have now it's probably about a 10inch one?

Thanks I was at mmm today, and had to go look at the tank set ups and all that, I found some good filters on sale, so I think I will just go back there......

Thanks.....

Guest Phreno

I got a very nice bubble wall at vvvv yesterday. It's about 7 inches or so long, it's green, and you can suction cup it to anything. I put it on the bottom of the tank, and put gravel over it, and the fish don't seem bothered by it at all.

Archived