Anyone Heard Of This?

I found this on vvvv website and thought it seemed kinda cool....thinking bout getting one if I can figure out what the heck to put in it??.....LOL

Heres what it is...It's called a BiOrb tank, it has a filter cartridge system, that is combining mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration....included with it is the light. pump,with dual output supply to operate light unit. Also included is tubing,air stone, food, water condionter and also clarifier.

It looks pretty cool and simple...it's only 8 gallons though and sells for bout 100 bucks, I would like to get one but I need someone to tell me what I could put in there??? If you want to see it go to www.vvvv.com....... :)

Well you could put a couple of tropicals in there. Rule of thumb for tropicals is 1 inche of fish per gallon. But you do have to take into consideration their full size. I really love drawf puffers. I think their adorable, but what ive heard is they need 2 gallons per fish. I have two of them with a few tetras, and they do wonderfully. And they have such great personalities. Also, you could divide it, and put two bettas in there!

I would like to get a betta or two......where would you recomend getting them? I saw some tonight at mmm...and they looked pretty good to me I just hate that they are in such small little cups there, I suppose they have so many thats the only place to put them though?? Am I correct that you can not put 2 Bettas together?

Would I be able to put a clown fish in there?....the kind that look like Nemo?

Guest VxShady

I don't know how you'd be able to put a divider in a bioorb. That would take a little messing around I would think, because that thing that comes up the center. I've never actually seen one in person or up close before, though either. So it might work. I've thought about getting one for each of my bettas before, too. But decided instead to use them to keep my hospital tank cycled.

Guest VxShady

Male bettas can't be kept together. Females I can, but I think they need to be in like.. groups of three or four, I can't remember. But if you put two males in the same tank there has to be a divider.

Yeah, I wouldnt put two male bettas together, enless there is a divider. They will fight constantly, and end up killing one another. I think all petshops keep their bettas in those cups. Ive noticed that mmm has them in larger ones then vvvv or nnnnnn. Ive bought my bettas from all three places. When your picking one out, try to get a rel healthy one. I have two right now. They are sooo great. Also, those clown fish are salt water, might be a bit hard to do a salt water in something that small. But I have seen it. They have one of those 2.5 mini bows at this local petshop that is full of coral. its kinda neat.

Guest VxShady

I think bettas are a lot easier then goldfish. But yeah cycling is still purdy much the same. I'm still working on cycling the hospital tank with mine. No ammonia yet and its been a while, so I don't think they're nearly as dirty as goldfish.

Archived