Garlic?

Guest 2 commons

Guest 2 commons

I was looking through a website that sells fish food and came across a pellet food that said it contained garlic. It claimed that the garlic is "a parasite inhibitor." Has anyone else heard of this? Would adding a little minced garlic to gel food be ok? Would it even work?

So many questions so little time. :)

Here is the info from the site.

HBH Goldfish Nuggets

$8.99 qty. *

603073 Goldfish Nuggets, 25 oz

The 35% protein formula is designed specifically for the long digestive tract of goldfish and includes garlic, a parasite inhibitor. This enriched formula's main ingredients are fish meal, shrimp meal, dried squid, and blood meal.

• Admin

Yes garlic helps the goldfish to keeps bugs abay just like you and I. I use it in my gel food all the time. :D

Thanks for that info! Garlic just has so many great functions! Not only does it taste awesome, but it's good for people, and fish too! Plus it keeps the vampires away. :krazy: Sorry, had to make a silly joke! Seriously though, I would like to start making gel food for my little guys, it's nice to know I can use that too!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lizzy

Its great at fighting infections in people as well.

Participated in a small study about garlic myself.

Recently it was discovered that garlic attached to a certain protein that target cancer cells, allows the garlic to kill the cancer cells. Good old garlic! :)

Archived